ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blyth 27th

3 posters

Go down

blyth 27th Empty blyth 27th

Post by blood Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Well I though I would eventually wear these Brownies down on the Blyth and so it proved...

started fishing on the farm stretch at about 11am and had a very gentle knock about 11-30.

I had a mosey on up to the viaduct and started fishing back down to the farm and got my first brownie of the year ... all 5" of him taken on a cochybondu, well pleased......I bumped in to Daz shortly after and he took on the role of fish spotter.... and a damn fine job he did too, he spotted a nice looking fish rising about 100 yards downstream....feeding confidently regular rises..... after a hook up in the trees I swung the flies past him and he took... a good fish and a strong battle midstream... a nice stockie of about 14" ... looked a little on the thin side maybe about 1lb or so. (thanks Daz) lol

Daz was already late so off her went....I fished on and took another brownie of about 7" on a quill bodied spider, before I headed off home.

Plenty of fly life and more fish showing, hopefully the season starts here

I will put a full report and pics on my blog tomorrow night for those interested Smile

Cheers

Stephen

blood

http://bloodyfishing.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

blyth 27th Empty Re: blyth 27th

Post by Dazkat Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:34 pm

I my new role as Gilly I thought a few action shots of the fight would be nice. However, I should stick to fish spotting as Id never make a photographer!! They didnt turn out very good but you can get the idea Smile

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

I think the branch over the face is an improvement

Daz

Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:28 am

looks like the season may well be starting now the stockies are showing up great spotting Mr. Ghillie, nice catch, think we will have to give Dazkat a few pointers on taking photo's though lol!

admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.ukgameangler.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:06 pm

I hope so Ian. Had a walk through Humford woods with the dog after work. There were a few fish rising. Good job I had a rod with me!! I got a nice little wild brownie before the chavs turned up
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by blood Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:10 pm

You caught my good side alright Daz!

blood

http://bloodyfishing.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content