ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blyth 6/5/13

+2
blood
Dazkat
6 posters

Go down

Blyth 6/5/13 Empty Blyth 6/5/13

Post by Dazkat Mon May 06, 2013 10:49 pm

I'm now starting to get worried about the river. Either the club have not stocked to the usual levels or it's been cleaned out. Conditions were perfect tonight with loads of fly life and I didn't see one stock fish rise. I now realize that I like to see fish rise. I know there is lots going on under water as they munch on nymphs but a few rises gives you something to fish to.
I managed to get 3 small wildies so at least it wasn't a blank. I met one of the old members leaving the water. He said it was the worse start to the season he had had. Let's hope things improve with the mayflies.

Daz
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Blyth 6/5/13 Empty Re: Blyth 6/5/13

Post by blood Tue May 07, 2013 11:39 am

I just cannot see it improving Daz, it looks to me like the fish just arent there, I think they have either

Not been stocked at all

Or all netted out

I am not sure which TBH given they are stocked at different locations would netting remove what looks like ALL the stockies.

Some fish ARE rising but they appear to be small wild fish.

Not good.. not good at all,

I had a pass out to fish yesterday but decided to do the garden instead... thats how bad it is right now.

Stephen

blood

http://bloodyfishing.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Tue May 07, 2013 10:58 pm

I still can't work out how all of the fish could be taken out. 750 is a lot of fish spread out through a lot of pools. You would think it would take a lot of work to net them all. However, if they have all been stocked in one place it would be easy.
We will have to wait and see what they come up with. At this time of year I'm usually trying to get down after work but it's no joy if there's no fish.

Daz
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by blood Wed May 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Word from the club is in summary...

water was too cold when fish were stocked and predators have picked them off...... Evil or Very Mad

Oh well there's always next season Sad

Stephen

blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Defective Wed May 08, 2013 7:34 pm

So was the stocking done in just one place? 750 fish gone just like that.
Did the club really stock it at that level?

Darren
Defective
Defective

Back to top Go down

Post by blood Wed May 08, 2013 7:47 pm

Not sure but from what I have been told they were put in , in a good few different pools. I think that is the order of stocking around 700 or so!!

Stephen

blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Wed May 08, 2013 9:23 pm

I think the predators had a very big net!!!!
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by blood Thu May 09, 2013 12:02 pm

I think you are right Daz,

The thing is you never see a bailiff on the water so anyone could just waltz up and clean it out uninterrupted

I did think seriously about joining Axwell Park (River Derwent) this year but decided to give the Blyth another go... wish I hadn't now Sad

Stephen

blood

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Thu May 09, 2013 3:44 pm

A few years ago a fishery near me was getting a regular stocking, but fish catch numbers went down, it was found that although it looked like fish were been stocked, the stocking wagon would pull up then a barrel was tilted into the water but it was found that all that was going in was water, no fish, the fishery manager went berserk affraid not long after the fishery shut down.

With the complete lack of fish, I would say they have not been put in Shocked as for netting em after a stocking, even if they have been spread out they would have netted the wild brownies too as well as every other fish in there, I dont know the club or the river either but they could be telling porkies Shocked

admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.ukgameangler.com

Back to top Go down

Post by noelgarside Thu May 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Ian was that the fishery at Melsonby?
noelgarside
noelgarside

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Thu May 09, 2013 5:57 pm

blood wrote:Word from the club is in summary...

water was too cold when fish were stocked and predators have picked them off...... Evil or Very Mad

Oh well there's always next season Sad

Stephen
surely the club done its homework prior to stocking fish its a lame excuse blaming the water been to cold and predators picking fish off the river tees is stocked often by D.B.T and DARLO AGLERS and I think its estimated we lose 20% to bad c&r predators poaching ect ect
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by blood Thu May 09, 2013 7:06 pm

700+ fish is a lot of picking off there might be some mink about but I have only seen one Cormorant in 2 years on the river...less than impressed

blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum