ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Local Tees

+2
leetheboxer
Lochbois
6 posters

Go down

My Local Tees Empty My Local Tees

Post by Lochbois Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:26 am

The Tees is my local river. I visit it most days when i walk my dog now down at the Teesbarrage.
I live at Stockton on Tees and i am a member of Bishop Aucland Angling Club.
They have club water at Eggleston Bridge in Teesdale . Their is fishing there for Grayling,Brown Trout,Sea-Trout and Salmon.
This year we have a new beat so i look foreward to fishing that water.
At Stockton there is Salmon and Sea Trout in the Saltwater up to the Barrage. I watch plenty of fish down there but ive not fished for them myself because i have campaigned for greater acess through the Impassable Teesbarrage.
The Tees has the Leven and the Skerne as tributeries which have their own runs of migratory fish.I hope to get out this year after missing 2012.
Do you fish the Tees or any of the tributeries? Smile .

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

My Local Tees Empty reply

Post by leetheboxer Tue May 14, 2013 1:11 am

hi I know that water in teesdale aswell.the salmon & sea-trout fishing is good late in season but fish are really coloured by the time they get that far up..talked to a few people there & they say the best spot is up from the first bend up from the bridge..thinking about going to broken scar in the morning to have a look because the tees has had water & the new fish pass is supposed to have helped.......lee

leetheboxer

Back to top Go down

My Local Tees Empty Re: My Local Tees

Post by Lochbois Tue May 14, 2013 3:59 pm

I was at the Teesbarrage the other evening and was a bit disappointed to see the gates were holding back water even though the tide was riseing.
There was the large seal below the fish passage and another gey seal was in the boat loch. I didnt see them eating any fish and i never saw any fish moveing but that doesnt mean they are not there.
I will have to make the effort and get myself up on the new club water.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Tue May 14, 2013 7:41 pm

only 3 fish counted threw the fish counter but the tees is fishing its socks off pierce bridge is on fire with good heads of brown trout in the pool before the island and plenty shawled up at the farm down stream haresear nymph been a good fly at present
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutchy007 Wed May 15, 2013 7:47 am

Your going to have to show me that stretch at some point mate. never fished it before.
Hutchy007
Hutchy007

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Wed May 15, 2013 10:15 am

Got a new rubber leg haresear its got rubber horns instead seems to fish well hutch
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by bruntroot Wed May 15, 2013 11:30 am

next time I'm home lee we'll make a date for an afternoon or day down on the tee's if thats ok with you..p.s just back offshore today so it'll be a long two weeks before I'm home.....
bruntroot
bruntroot

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Wed May 15, 2013 12:48 pm

Are the Brown Trout stock fish thats been put in by fishing clubs or are they fish that have survived the last winter?

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

My Local Tees Empty river tees

Post by leetheboxer Wed May 15, 2013 1:02 pm

I went to broken scar yesterday for 5hrs..loads of grayling & trout on dries..i lost a huge grayling at least 2lbs..may fly hatching all over..decided to put on a peter ross size 8 for sea-trout to see what would happen, then got an almighty pull line shot over to far bank, landed the fish & it was a chub of around 5lb mark, wasn't what I was after but good bend in the rod and great sport..hooked fish in fast water below that wall on far bank. I will be back to the tees if only for the grayling fishing....lee

leetheboxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Wed May 15, 2013 3:04 pm

I fish the Peter -Ross a lot on the Tees and Wear.
I Had a chub one evening on the Wear that must have been about 5 pound.
Didnt fight like a sea-trout.
Ive had eels,roach,salmon ,sea-trout,grayling and a few Bats on the Peter-Ross.
I use B8OO longshank lure hooks far better than a tube fly for me.
I like the silver Salar hooks also because you only need the flou red seals fur thorax and a wing and hackle for the Peter -Ross.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutchy007 Wed May 15, 2013 5:03 pm

lee cartmail wrote:Got a new rubber leg haresear its got rubber horns instead seems to fish well hutch

lol Very Happy
Hutchy007
Hutchy007

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutchy007 Wed May 15, 2013 5:05 pm

leetheboxer wrote:I went to broken scar yesterday for 5hrs..loads of grayling & trout on dries..i lost a huge grayling at least 2lbs..may fly hatching all over..decided to put on a peter ross size 8 for sea-trout to see what would happen, then got an almighty pull line shot over to far bank, landed the fish & it was a chub of around 5lb mark, wasn't what I was after but good bend in the rod and great sport..hooked fish in fast water below that wall on far bank. I will be back to the tees if only for the grayling fishing....lee

Sound like a belting session that mate Smile
Hutchy007
Hutchy007

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Wed May 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Lochbois wrote:Are the Brown Trout stock fish thats been put in by fishing clubs or are they fish that have survived the last winter?
thought it was grayling last season and brown trout the season before over 5000 grayling from 6cm - 9cm were put in the tees at various stocking points. Section 11 of the grayling society have taken a very keen interest in the tees. All the browns I have had so far have been over 9cm which is a good health size. I do belive all the stocked trout 2 seasons ago were all under 5cm when stocked. Did darlington brown trout spend a lot of money on course fish last summer
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Wed May 15, 2013 6:45 pm

bruntroot wrote:next time I'm home lee we'll make a date for an afternoon or day down on the tee's if thats ok with you..p.s just back offshore today so it'll be a long two weeks before I'm home.....
No problems tony ill sort you a day pass for pierce bridge
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackgnat Thu May 16, 2013 8:23 am

leetheboxer wrote:.decided to put on a peter ross size 8 for sea-trout to see what would happen

Try something with orange and gold in it mate- in about twice the size round there bom

Blackgnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down