ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tees Otter

5 posters

Go down

Tees Otter Empty Tees Otter

Post by Lochbois Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:00 am

Last evening thursday i was pleased to see my first sighting of the Otter down at the Teesbarrage.
The Otter was swimming in the Tidal water . At first i thought it was the Seals but i got a good luck at it with me monocular and it was definatly an Otter.
I did see the first leaping fish of the 2013 season so lets hope i see more and that they get spread throught the system.
I wonder if the fellow called Harry the Cod has seen any Otters around the barrage.
He was intrested in photography thats why i tried to inform him on the ****************************************************************

Last edited by twoaitch on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Peter Stop naming other sites in a derogatory manner.)

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Tees Otter Empty Re: Tees Otter

Post by middlemast Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:31 am

HI PETER

SURE IT WASNT A BEAVER NOW THERE BEEN SEEN DOWN THE COUNTRY ASWELL NOW MIND THEY EAT OUT THEY CAN CATCH OTTERS NOT A CUTE AND CUDDLY AS PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE HAMMER THE DUCKLINGS ON THE DERWENT IVE SEEN A FEW ON THE RESERVOIR GULLS GET THE BLAME OFF THE LADS BUT THE OTTERS TAKE LOADS ASWELL

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Hello Dave, Ive seen a few Otters now. Ive seen them regular on the Wear.
They swim up Billingham Beck which is a tributery on the Tees below the Teesbarrage.
As i said its the first ive seen in the tidal water.
I had read articles about European Beavers being introduced up Scotland and learnt some have escaped.
They put fencing round the Beaver Park but for some reason the Beavers felled the wooden posts and the metal fencing fell down.
My dog Jenny has now made friends with the seals on theTees which i know will upset one member on this site.Laughing 
I personally like to encourage the public to see the seals,otters,herons,arctic terns,kingfishers ect. We have Saltholme Nature Reserve at Seal Sands so we are going to see even more wildlife.
It can be managed if we are allowed talk among all groups like the E/A the barrage owners,wildlife trusts.
To ban people who have an intrest in the wildlife of Teesdale is typical of dictators we have trying to run our country.Smile 

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:32 pm

hi peter

you dont like peop;e who like nature from teesdale confused on this one inless you mean nudist me i would encourage them evem more canr bear a nice pair of breasted ===s or is that long tailed ===s

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:32 pm

Ive got a chip on me shoulder off one of them Beavers Dave.Laughing 
Dont like getting barred from anywhere if i am guilty.
But dictators with there fingers on the button who wont admit when they are wrong i hate.
They arnt any nudists down the Teesbarrage dave but there is some illeagel skinnydippers come out on a summers evening.
Theres also a Dogging site at the Tapori but i dont want to go there.Laughing 

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:13 pm

hi peter

rofl i though you liked been out with the dog rofl

Dave

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Alexander Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:09 pm

My local Indian takeaway have a new dish on the menu, it's "Chicken Tarka".......it's just like chicken Tikka but a bit "otter".

Sorry.....I'll get me coat Smile

Regards Ian

Ian Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:16 pm

The Otters are not on the Menu down on the Tees i was told when i mentioned i had seen my first sighting.
An angler who fishes down near the Mecca Bingo told me Swans are favourite on European folks dinner plate.Dont know what the Queen thinks of that.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:59 pm

I have seen polish anglers trying to kill ducks on darlington anglers water
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:47 pm

HI LEE

THERE KILLER CONDUCTORS OFF THE BUSES I USE TO HAVE A DUCK MIND I LIKED S NO I BETTER NOT OR ILL BE ON THE EXPRESS OUT OF HERE LOL SORRY JUST MY SENSE OF HUMOUR OR LACK OF IT LOL

Dave

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:17 am

How much is it for a day's catch & release at the Mecca Bingo Peter ? Laughing 
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:39 am

Its free to fish from the Mecca Bingo car park aslong as you have an E/A Licence.
Not played Bingo at the Mecca but ive been told its a good night.
I had a lesson in Stalking migratory fish the other evening down at the Barrage.
They were fishing the Private waters owned by Britishwaterways who
have the water below the Barrage gates downstream to the concrete bollards. I was told by the E/A in 2002 i could fish for free for Tees migratory fish from the bollards on N/S banks with the game licence to the Sea.
Isnt it great to have a forum that allows freedom of Speech:lol: Laughing.
No Otters last evening but we were entertained by the resident seals.I would miss them Tees Seals because it gets me out the house because their is sod all on the TV.LOL

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum