ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site fee problems

+7
Harry the Book
Dazkat
appetiser
middlemast
seddo
Topcat
admin
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Site fee problems Empty Site fee problems

Post by admin Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:34 am

As some of the admin are aware, (bouncing pm's,) I have had a small glitch with the site (the ads were about to come back onto the site tomorrow (Friday the 17th of January 2014)  unless I paid to have them removed) the site name was paid for this year back in November 2013, from the funds raised at our 1st site day last year, but I did not have enough in the site funds to remove the ads for all this year (could only remove them for 6 months, then would have to pay to remove them at more cost).

To make things cheaper  Shocked  I took the decision to pay for ads removal for this year and also the site name and ads removal for next year and the site name for the following year too, cost more but works out cheaper in the long term,  at a site day (or whatever is agree'd upon) I need to recover the site fee's this year A.S.A.P. and at the end of next year (2015) to pay for 2016/7.

I and the rest of the admin/mods do what they do voluntary and do not benefit in anyway from the site, (apart from the odd headache  affraid  (ooo nearly forgot Threats too  Twisted Evil )  if anyone wants to send us loads of free stuff,  I would not stop them though  lol!  lol!  lol!  )  this amount could be raised either by raffle or donation ? I am open to suggestions, as long as all or at least most members agree.

I am even open to sponsorship if that is what you all want which will stop raffles, donations etc, apart from our charity fundraisers.

Ian

admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.ukgameangler.com

Back to top Go down

Site fee problems Empty Re: Site fee problems

Post by Topcat Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:11 am

Hi Ian
thanks for sorting site fees etc out , as you said "we don't make a penny off the site or fishery's we visit most times we are out of pocket" , lol
any donations etc would be gratefully received as soon as there enough in the kitty I will get Carol (she who holds the purse strings ) to sort out with you .
just send me a copy of the bill , for our records or I can get it when we meet up some time .
once again thanks .
Dave
Topcat
Topcat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seddo Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:14 pm

Hi Dave,Ian, how can donations be made Paypal? Cheque? I don't mind donating a Tenner as it is only the price of two newspaers a week considering I am reading posts, info, fishy things etc 24/7 on our site.

Keep up the good work lads and lets hope the fee's are recouped sooner than later.

seddo

seddo

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:13 pm

hi

look always for this site but ian is it getting used not realy u have face book most seem to putting stuff on there why not just close this site down does it cost anything for face book i think its free and if it isnt well few strangers on there pushing there flies ask them to put a few bob in

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:01 pm

middlemast wrote:hi

look always for this site but ian is it getting used not realy u have  face book most seem to putting stuff on there why not just close this site down does it cost anything for face book i think its free and if it isnt well few strangers on there pushing there flies ask them to put a few bob in

dAVE

A lot of sites are quiet, its the time of year thing, a lot are putting things on Facebook, it has a much bigger membership of ative people posting, the membership is going up and a few are actualy venturing onto here too, at the moment not many of us are getting out fishing, it is much easier to post on facebook than it is in here, but this site will be going for a long time, with or without you, I have not, I will not directly ask anyone on here for anything, its your choice as a member to post, its your choice as a member to donate and participate in raffles to help the site, some do not, their choice not mine or anyone elses there are a fair few people on fb that post pictures of there fly's but not all are for sale, so not many are pushing there fly's!!! There are 100s of websites on the internet as there are fb groups
FB is free but no where near as good as having the website, which is logged into and read every day by a lot of people.

admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by appetiser Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:17 pm

thought this was all sorted a while ago, don't know about adverts i still see them when i log onto site, should be straightforward , during course of year at any site days why not ask the tyers on site to do half a dozen of their favourite flies stick them in a box and do a raffle , once site fees are sorted any other monies can go into charity fund .
appetiser
appetiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:57 pm

seddo wrote:Hi Dave,Ian, how can donations be made     Paypal?      Cheque?   I don't mind donating a Tenner as it is only the price of two newspaers a week considering I am reading posts, info, fishy things etc 24/7 on our site.

Keep up the good work lads and lets hope the fee's are recouped sooner than later.

seddo
any one wishing to donate can simple click the donate button on the home screen and follow the instructions ,
Topcat
Topcat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:01 pm

appetiser wrote:thought this was all sorted a while ago, don't know about adverts i still see them when i log onto site, should be straightforward , during course of year at any site days why not ask the tyers on site to do half a dozen of their favourite flies stick them in a box and do a raffle , once site fees are sorted any other monies can go into charity fund .

It was sorted at the beginning of last year (2013) in March to be exact, the fee paid by a few of you donating and did a raffle covered the site name for last year (2013) also ads removal for last year too, it also covered the site name for this year (2014), but it was not enough to cover the ads removal for this year, I have only removed the ads for members, so on log in screen, when you are not logged in  Wink  you will see ads, but once signed in there should be non at all, if there is please let me know.

admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:10 pm

HI
IAN I DONT UNDERSTAND MAY I ASK WHATS AN ADD ON PLEASE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:04 pm

It will only take one site day and everyone can put a couple of quid in the pot. We will soon cover whats owed.
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by seddo Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:12 pm

£10 paid via Paypal, hope this little bit helps.

seddo

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:13 pm

middlemast wrote:HI
IAN I DONT UNDERSTAND MAY I ASK WHATS AN ADD ON PLEASE

Its advertisments Dave, the site before you log into it shows a few, but I am certain you and everybody else would find them annoying on every page on the site.

admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by appetiser Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:46 pm

do what dazcat say's , first site day add couple quid to price of day and we are sorted
appetiser
appetiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry the Book Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:58 pm

£10 Donated by Paypal, through the Donate button Simple Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Harry the Book
Harry the Book

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:20 pm

Don't do PayPal,so ten quid from me at the next gathering....

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Alexander Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:17 am

Just donated £10 through Paypal too.....hope it helps.

Regards Ian

Ian Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:29 am

Thank you very much for your kind donations .
as I and Ian have always said the books are always open for member to see
I don't keep the books my wife does the accounts for the site so I cant help my self LOL , all payments are done with at least 2 admin agreeing 3 if 3 are available .
regards
Dave
Topcat
Topcat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie bell Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:55 am

Hi There,

£10 donated.

Best Regards

robbie

robbie bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Defective Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:04 pm

How much is the bill?
Defective
Defective

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Defective wrote:How much is the bill?

will put post on asap , when we get receipt
Topcat
Topcat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:45 am

You sent a payment of £33.18 GBP to DealProtect.
16 Jan 2014 09:23:04 GMT
Receipt No: 2554-8323-2433-4368
Dear Ian,

This charge will appear on your statement as payment to PAYPAL *DEALPROTECT.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
5000 credits
Item #: 5000
forum_url: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (2517823) £33.18 GBP 1 33.18 GBP
Total: £33.18 GBP
Receipt No: 2554-8323-2433-4368
Please keep this receipt number for future reference. You'll need it if you contact Customer Service on DealProtect or PayPal.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

To all members.

This is what I have told Topcat on the phone, sorry for taking so long to put this on, thanks for the donations a simple raffle or extra on a site day would have covered this amount, any extra could we get some more badges and caps?

The site works on a credit system, ie I buy credits and use them accordingly, 1600 credits gets the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] name, for one year, then another 1000 credits takes off the advertisments for members, again for one year, last year when I started the site I used 2600 credits, which left 2400 credits, this year I used 1600 credits for the site name, but only had 800 credits left which was not enough to remove the advertisments.

I chose to renew the full 5,000 credits early, (it worked out cheaper this way, saving you money) so I could remove the advertisments at 1000 credits and not have any hassle at the end of ths year (2014) renewing the site.

We now have 4800 credits left which if my maths is correct (calculater) the site is paid in full for the name and advertisment removal for next year (2015) too, the site name is also paid for 2016 but will need a top up for advertisment removal for the year, (I will not be renewing the full 5,000 credits, for obvious reasons), so will only pay for extra credits (400) I think its about £5.00-£8.00 then at the middle of 2016 will be looking for the full site fees again, 5000 credits for however much they are at that time.

When I started this site, I said everything would be done above board, not like what used to happen with other sites, you would all know exactly about the site costs ect. I do not make anything from the site ( but if you want to give me loads of whatever thats your choice affraid  ) (hassle, bull****, micky taking, I think I am thick enough to take it) I will not accept personal threats in any way shape or form, and to be honest I should not have too?

I have just learned how to use the prt sc key on the laptop!!! (see I am not that good on a computer) hence you all seeing the email reciept I recieved when I paid.
All donations do not come to me, they go to an account that Dave (topcats) wife Carol set up, any money out of that account will not be taken out till at least 2 Admins sanction it.

I own the site you lot run it, as without your posts there is not a site, what we all need to do now is build on the foundations we already have.

admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:39 am

Ian personally I think if there is any money left then it should be kept by for the charity day.Could be used for trophies then if any left put in the funds raised for charity.

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by seddo Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:30 pm

Sorry Andy mate but I beg to differ on your suggestion to use excess money to get trophies etc.

I personally think any monies left over should be held as a starter for the next time cash is required for the site, if this is adopted then not as much will be needed the next time.

As we now know what the cost is this time, then on the next site day a small amount could be added to the "buffer" money then we will be catered for for the next few years.

I like others and your good self donated money to help keep the site alive so I reckon if members want a trophy or two then start a pot on a site day to acrew funds to purchase whatever is needed.

Just a thought Andy. Smile 

seddo

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:58 pm

No need to say sorry Loll,i think the admin and mods should take in all the members views and decide in one to follow.I`d have no issues if they went with either what Ian or you have suggested.I do think that at official site days then a £1 should be added on to the ticket price and kept for such things as site fees etc.

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Whilst I will thank anyone and everyone for donations or a quid extra at site day, which is what I wanted, either way it is not really the case now! the last gameangler site was costing hundreds a year, with no reciepts, also we lost the site on numerous occasions, due to hosting problems (ask me I will tell you).

As last year the site cost was just over £30.00, (as my last post), I could have got the extra 200 credits to cover the ads removal for £5-8 pounds, which I thought for £25 to £22 pounds more it would be cheaper in the long term to pay another £30.00, the site does not need any more cash now till the begining of 2016,that will be for advertisment removal at a cost of less than £10.00 as the site name is allready paid for 2016, I will not pay another £30.00 as I am not going through all this again  What a Face  .
The end of 2016 we will need another £30.00 worth of funding to keep the site going, In basics this site is costing (give or take a fiver) £15.00 a year, over 10 years it will be about £150.00.

I, as I am certain you, will not want to go back to those days, ~I~ enjoy fishing, in particular fly fishing, you will see me fairly often on the bank with you. I would like to get out more but I have a limited income I can use for fishing, as it is not just the fishing fee it is the diesel too.

A few of us have got caps and badges too, I thought that we could get some more for members that have just joined, rather than having a pot of cash just sat there until needed?

admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next