ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

River derwent lower stretches, axwell park water.

+2
noelgarside
jaykay007
6 posters

Go down

River derwent lower stretches, axwell park water. Empty River derwent lower stretches, axwell park water.

Post by jaykay007 Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:54 pm

Fished there today for the first time and really enjoyed it,there is some lovely water to fish and most is quite easily accessed, landed 3 oos browns and a nice grayling around 13-14" also hooked and lost a couple of nice grayling.my mate had 3 oos browns.
Highly recommend fishing this water anyone into there river fishing will love it,only £8 for a full day ticket.
I had the grayling fishing klink n dink and the browns off the top on dry fly.
jaykay007
jaykay007

Back to top Go down

River derwent lower stretches, axwell park water. Empty Re: River derwent lower stretches, axwell park water.

Post by noelgarside Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:59 pm

Well done John
noelgarside
noelgarside

Back to top Go down

River derwent lower stretches, axwell park water. Empty Re: River derwent lower stretches, axwell park water.

Post by jaykay007 Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks Noel,
jaykay007
jaykay007

Back to top Go down

Post by welly2911 Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:13 pm

Yes well done mate

welly2911

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:02 am

I've often wondered if there was browns in that area
Now I know . Nice result mate
Topcat
Topcat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay007 Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am

Topcat wrote:I've often wondered if there was browns in that area
Now I know . Nice result mate
Lots of browns and lots of grayling,well worth fishing.
jaykay007
jaykay007

Back to top Go down

Post by bruntroot Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:25 am

Where did you start and finish Jon...Pleased you had a good day..!
bruntroot
bruntroot

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:34 am

jaykay007 wrote:Fished there today for the first time and really enjoyed it,there is some lovely water to fish and most is quite easily accessed, landed 3 oos browns and a nice grayling around 13-14" also hooked and lost a couple of nice grayling.my mate had 3 oos browns.
Highly recommend fishing this water anyone into there river fishing will love it,only £8 for a full day ticket.
I personally think its a more relaxing way to fish I can go months on the tees and not see a fellow angler
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by bruntroot Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:47 am

should have have a look up lee you would enjoy it. Obviously not as big as the tees, more stalking involved with it being a smaller river but it produce some nice fish for its size ..
bruntroot
bruntroot

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay007 Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:55 pm

bruntroot wrote:Where did you start and finish Jon...Pleased you had a good day..!
We parked at swawell juniors footy ground and worked our way upstream to the 9 arches viaduct.
Then fished the pools and runs we seen the most fish and had the most takes on the way back down again,it was a very enjoyable day with lots of fish seen and plenty of takes,there was quite a few rising to olives (I think) in the afternoon.i will defo be back down there soon to fish the top end stretches from the caravan park up and downstream.
jaykay007
jaykay007

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay007 Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:57 pm

lee cartmail wrote:
jaykay007 wrote:Fished there today for the first time and really enjoyed it,there is some lovely water to fish and most is quite easily accessed, landed 3 oos browns and a nice grayling around 13-14" also hooked and lost a couple of nice grayling.my mate had 3 oos browns.
I personally think its a more relaxing way to fish I can go months on the tees and not see a fellow angler
Would be nice if you could make it up here for a day on the derwent lee you would enjoy it as Broontroot (sorry forgot your name mate) says it produces good fish for its size.
jaykay007
jaykay007

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:10 pm

bruntroot wrote:should have have a look up lee you would enjoy it. Obviously not as big as the tees, more stalking involved with it being a smaller river but it produce some nice fish for its size ..
its on my lists to fish anth I just discovered I belong to a club that's got a stretch on the brownie county durham
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by bruntroot Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:55 pm

another nice little river lee...very similar to the derwent..
bruntroot
bruntroot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down