ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweethope 28th April

+6
Ian Alexander
maddog68
appetiser
Dazkat
potts123
Defective
10 posters

Go down

Sweethope 28th April Empty Sweethope 28th April

Post by Defective Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:22 pm

I met up with Daz and Paul at about 8-20 in the carpark at Sweethope and while we were setting up Stew(appertiser)(cheers for the squirrels M8) pulled up aswell.
Stew said he was going on the big lake and us 3 tried the small lake. After trying a couple of places and only getting weed we moved up to the big lake. We fished the bank facing the lodge, me and Paul within 10 yards of each other and Daz was about 100 yards further down. After 15 mins i got my first fish on a blue zulu. I got another one one the same fly and a couple on the killer, befor we stopped for lunch.
After lunch we fished the same bank but further down. I picked up fish during the afternoon on a few different flys on a few differnt methods.
I ended the day with 10 and dropped a few aswell. Ill leave the other lads to do there reports. Once again Stew cheers for the fly, worked a treat.

Darren
Defective
Defective

Back to top Go down

Sweethope 28th April Empty Re: Sweethope 28th April

Post by potts123 Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:34 pm

plzed you had a good day Very Happy
potts123
potts123

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:44 pm

I think we had every type of weather today. I thought we were going to have a poor one when there was nothing happening on the small lake but it was a good job stu turned up with the squirrels they really made the difference.
Also we field tested Pauls new fly the PPL lure which took a couple of fish.
I ended up with 8 to the net including a fantastic slab of about 9lb which put up a great fight. Mind you I did go swimming but enough said about that the better!!
We had a good chat with Tony about the fishery and when it is finished I think it will be hard to beat. Good to see it back on the map again.

Daz
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by appetiser Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:56 pm

nee bother lads , pleased they helped although you seemed to be doing ok anyway , funny day wind all directions , then sun , fish seemed to there one minute gone the next , had another half an hour after the part timers left on the bottom lake and was last to leave for a change ,
appetiser
appetiser

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog68 Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:15 pm

Very Happy Very Happy HAD A GREAT DAY christened my new sonik sk3 rod with a nice 4lb rainbow had 6 to the net and dropped 2 all day weather was a bit naffbut the company made up for it flies cought mini cats/white zonka/black viva/jackfrost missed dazkat SWIMMING AGAIN but he got his fish Laughing Laughing Embarassed all in all a cold wet n windy day but every one was catching thats the maine thing a GOOD day
nearly forgot thanks STU the squirrels were great m8
maddog68
maddog68

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Alexander Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Hello,
Great reports lads, I have heard nowt but good reports about Sweethope and I must go....there seems to be a good stamp of fish there.

Regards Ian

Ian Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi Ian. We had some cracking fish which put up great account for themselves. Especially the one that pulled me over !!!
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:10 am

Hi Daz, pleased you all had a good day, I really wanted to come but looking at the wind before I left,( and I was going on a boat !) decided on Witton instead ( see report ) Think I made the wrong decision Sad Never mind, catch up with you all soon I hope.
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweethope Adventure Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:54 pm

Here is our fish report from the week just gone:
22nd April - 27 fish caught by 8 fishermen, over 3 fish each, Dawsons olive, 4lb heaviest fish
23rd April - one fisherman caught, in very windy conditions, 5 fish, the heaviest being 3lb but didn’t disclose which fly he used
24th April - three fishermen caught 5 fish between them, the heaviest 4lb on a montana.
25th April - 40 fish were caught by 10 fishermen, giving a 4 fish average, heaviest fish at 10.12lb with a gold head daddy!
26th April - 7 fish caught by 3 fishermen, heaviest being 6 1/2lb all caught on the orange dancer.
27th April - 139 fish by 15 fishermen, just over 9 fish each, a lot of them between 3-5lb, one 12lb fish caught on a cat whisker
28th April - 103 fish by 20 fishermen, just over 5 fish each, a nice 9lb, several 5-6lb, heaviest 12lb, successful flies were dog nobler, Green & Blank montana.
Kriss and Ross caught 40 fish between them on lures, Alec & Willie took 6 fish home but caught and released an astounding 50 fish between them! However, two people today blanked unfortunately.
The Hoy and Hope Fishing Club held their club competition at Sweethope on Sunday (28th April) and had a brilliant day from what i hear, catching big fish and lots of them!
Sweethope Adventure
Sweethope Adventure

Back to top Go down

Post by Shipman Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:41 am

Thank you for the report, this is the sort of thing we need, it can give you an idea of how it has fished over the last 7 days or so, and looking at the averages, very well I think. Very Happy
Shipman
Shipman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweethope Adventure Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:04 am

:-) I'll try and post it every Sunday now!
Got another load, 900lb of trout coming Friday!! Ready for the competition on Monday!
Anyone coming?
Linda
Sweethope Adventure
Sweethope Adventure

Back to top Go down

Post by Shipman Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:13 am

Hi Linda, yes I will be fishing it with Jim Tuck, spoke to Tony yesterday. See you Monday if not before.
Shipman
Shipman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweethope Adventure Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:15 am

Great! See you then!
Sweethope Adventure
Sweethope Adventure

Back to top Go down

Post by appetiser Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:32 am

Got to work i'm afraid , i would'nt stock the big lake linda , put them all in bottom lake to make the comp more interesting , Very Happy
appetiser
appetiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweethope Adventure Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:37 am

Mean spirit!! :-)
Sweethope Adventure
Sweethope Adventure

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:26 am

appetiser wrote:Got to work i'm afraid , i would'nt stock the big lake linda , put them all in bottom lake to make the comp more interesting , Very Happy
The joys of work for me too Stu!Though I do have a long weekend at the end of May,think i'll be visiting a certain fishery with a comp on it that Sunday....if i do i'll try not too jag too many, would'nt want to make yours n robs jobs any harder to qualify! Laughing

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down