ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

River Nith 2nd Feb

Go down

River Nith 2nd Feb Empty River Nith 2nd Feb

Post by westcoaster Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Had my first trip to the Nith today,with Bob n Joe keeping me company.The river was still on the high side though it was clear.As per usual Bob was soon showing us how its done whilst i inventing some never been seen before ways to tangle a leader!Anways i changed to a setup i felt more comfortable with and soon was into my first Nith grayling,only for it to release itself at distance.Joe was also picking up fish now and i was getting quite a few offers.Finally got one to stick,happy days!!Number two came along soon after then had a nice one on only for it to come off.Bob was doing well with grayling and brownies coming his way,though for Joe it was slowing down.I went for a wander to see some of the beat but it was too fast still for fishing.The afternoon was tough and i managed to release one more.Bob had a nice 2lb+ fish and a few others,Joe did`nt get anymore.Another step on the learning curve for me at this river lark but i`m becoming addicted! Smile
ooops just noticed i`ve posted this in the wrong section,admin can you move it? Embarassed

westcoaster

Back to top Go down