ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nith,Drumlanrig Castle

2 posters

Go down

Nith,Drumlanrig Castle Empty Nith,Drumlanrig Castle

Post by westcoaster Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Finally managed a session on the river Nith.Had the lower beat at Drumlanrig Castle booked,no other rods booked on so i had it all to myself! River was still up a couple of feet,though it was only slightly coloured.Best pool on the beat is The Doctor`s Pool and i spent most of the time in it.Had set up a rod for Czech Nymphing which was something i had never done before.Have to say i really enjoyed fishing this method,will certainly be doing more of it.Had worked my way halfway down the pool without a touch and i was really starting to feel the cold,a fish or two was needed.Got into the slower water and finally a grayling came to a pink bug,not the biggest but i was`nt caring!Picked up another 2 quickly,one on a hares lug,the other again on pink bug.Fished to the end of the run with no more joy and decided to go walk to the top of the beat.The extra water running down made it a bit too fast up there but i did manage a nice brownie,had an audience at this point as a grandad had his family out a walk and was giving them a running commentary.Was only fishing for half a day so went back down to the Doctor`s Pool.Had some mixed luck on the second run down.Did manage to put 4 more grayling in the net,all were around the 3/4lb mark.Had two larger fish on but lost both at the net,i was cursing bigtime,especially as one i reckon was well over the 2lb mark!Well i was hoping to go back down tomorrow but yet again the weather looks like scuppering it!

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Nith,Drumlanrig Castle Empty Re: Nith,Drumlanrig Castle

Post by potts123 Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:08 am

welldone m8 think the weather has blowing a gale down here  Sad 
potts123
potts123

Back to top Go down