ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good day at Whinney 22nd March

+3
westcoaster
Defective
Eric
7 posters

Go down

Good day at Whinney 22nd March Empty Good day at Whinney 22nd March

Post by Eric Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:52 pm

Had been looking forward to our trip to Whinney for ages so after picking up Darren and Stu at 7 headed up the A1 and with a short break so Stu could have a Mc D breakfast Laughing  arrived at Whinney just after 8 30. Met up with rest of the lads and after a bit banter and a presentation to me of a new fishing cap courtesy of Mc Donalds  Laughing  set off for some fishing. Started down from dam wall, Paul and Brad already had fish so some catching up to do. Took about 15 mins but eventually got into the fish, and in the morning period had 9 to the net, 8 on a pink worm and 1 on a buzzer ! Everybody had caught fish so a break for some of Andys' meat pies and a chocolate ? cake was welcome Laughing after more banter and the usual mickey taking, off for more fishing. It was a day of 2 halves for me, successful morning but struggled in the afternoon, a few nips here and there and 1 more fish but that was it ! There was an area on the far bank where the fish seemed to be holding but hard going in other spots. After leaving Whinney I drove across the road to have a quick look at Coldingham as I haven't been before, very impressed and can't wait to fish there. ! Another great day, fishing and company, so roll on next week for the site day when we'll do it all again Laughing 
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Good day at Whinney 22nd March Empty Re: Good day at Whinney 22nd March

Post by Defective Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:57 pm

It certainly was a good day Eric.  I started at the wrong end of the loch, only picking up one fish on a yellow dancer, befor moving up to the dam wall side, and getting another couple on worms and a hares ear. Moved around to the far bank and had a chat with Big Ricky who advised me where to try(cheers m8).  Moved to where Ricky said and started picking pish up straight away on a pink work.  Back to the same place after lunch and picked up fish regularly during the afternoon on a number of different fly's.  Really good afternoons fishing with Brad on one side catching for fun and Paul and Daz on the other side doing the same.  Was good to see Seddo again whos arm must be aching today, cheers to Andy for doing the pie run and cheers to BIG RICKY for putting me on the fish, and last but not least cheers to Eric for doing the driving.

Darren
Defective
Defective

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:48 pm

It was toffe cake Eric and i`m still eating the other cake that was left.Think i need to be quicker off the mark,seems everybody was hitting fish well before i even got near the water.Had one first cast,much as Seddo predicted!!Messed about for a bit picking up the odd fish before switching to my fav wee buzzer pattern.Had a good few on it before it was pie time.Some good craic,pies and a well heated up cake at lunch.Had got colder after lunch and they were`nt so keen on the buzzer.Ended up with 13 fish so not a bad day,be better when the fish spread out over the loch.....

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:15 pm

It was a grand day out as always at Whitney. It was a day of 2 halves for me. Like Darren I started at the wrong end and couldn't get a pluck. After moving around a bit And some advice from seddo and Ricky I managed to land 3 before pie time but I was finding it hard going. The other lads were doing well with Ricky giving a master class. I'm sure he could catch in a puddle !!!
The afternoon was so much better. I had fish on pink worms and cats but it was the hatch of tinnies that made the difference!! We had some great sport before it was time to head off.
Great day and great crack. I'm sure it will all start again at langley next week.
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad Mackie Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:29 am

Looks like I am abit late with my report as I told the lads I would put it up as I ended up with the most whoops haha but really enjoyed the day lads it was a laugh abit frustrating the amount of fish I was missing and loosing! But my highlight of the day was the 2 pies! Haha cheers lads hope sunday is the same!
Brad Mackie
Brad Mackie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shipman Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:18 pm

Sounds like the mini site day went well, see you all at Langley on Sunday.
Shipman
Shipman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad Mackie Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:21 pm

Looking forward to it rob Smile
Brad Mackie
Brad Mackie

Back to top Go down

Post by seddo Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Aches and Pains just about gone Very Happy  What can you say about Whinney - FANTASTIC - about sums it up, the fishing was A1 the company second to none and I think the previous posts just about covers the whole day.
It was really good to meet up with the lads again and meeting young "THE PIE MAN BRAD" or was it Dusty Bin as all the spare nosh seemed to head his way, I reckon he had a food magnet under the table. Smile 
Thanks to Andy for suppling our pies and runny cake Smile  and to Ted and family for hosting our day.
Can't wait till Sunday to catch up with the rest of our Game Angler buddies and I'm sure the Charity bash will be another success.

See you all on Sunday.

seddo

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad Mackie Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Haha mmm pies and cakes!
Brad Mackie
Brad Mackie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content