ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

worst season

+4
novice
bruntroot
noelgarside
middlemast
8 posters

Go down

worst season Empty worst season

Post by middlemast Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:15 am

hi

well as the season closes in for me its been my longest and worst i can remember WHY

this ive thought about and like a few on here we simply arnt getting any younger fishing and walking 6 mile a day just cant do now this i miss

plus my old fishing mates are getting less only eddy left and at 80 in a month he isnt getting any younger i miss the banter with likes of joe malcolm geordie bob jack these blokes i grew up with on the derwent and cow green and burnhope

two of them still bait fish i do pop over and have a chin wag just not the same i need a change so the lads from work mostly wipper snappers going to langley this week end have talked me into it lets say i had to say yes not cos of the fishing ones never fished he is on a boat another davy i think has fished twice this year isnt steady on his legs and is about 24stone not sure if he will have water proofs on a boat with wendy who i think has been on a boat twice no engines and few other novices im just going to record a accident waiting to happen from hooks in the face to sinking if this dosnt get my fishing going i will be chucking it in i feel better already LOL ME I WILL KEEP MY FEET ON THE GROUND

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

worst season Empty Re: worst season

Post by noelgarside Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:29 am

Dave there's always next year.
noelgarside
noelgarside

Back to top Go down

Post by bruntroot Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:39 am

Dave for what you spend on season tickets and "what I have you" up on the Northumbrian waters go somewhere with some good fish in mate ...Langley for example...the derwent has gone down hill so much for me over the years ..quality of fish is one reason...had a couple this year would struggle to fill a crisp packet....
bruntroot
bruntroot

Back to top Go down

Post by novice Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:05 pm

i packed in months ago dave. back to sea fishing at min mate. plenty codling about right now if you fancy a change.lol plus its free.

novice

Back to top Go down

Post by blood Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:11 pm

River season has been pretty awful... hopefully will pick up over the next few months though

blood

http://bloodyfishing.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:16 pm

HI JEFF

WOULD LOVE TO BUT BODY WONT ALLOW ALL THAT STUFF I BOUGHT TWO YEARS AGO STILL UNUSED

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Hello Dave, I have me sea-fishing gear and i like to fish at Hendon Prom.
I will probably get the same old ,well you can talk a lot but you never go.
All i am saying that at Hendon at high water you can fish from the car.
You can rest the rods on the railings.
I caught 9 fish one day and one of these match men said he was casting out too far. I laughed because he said my box of ragworm was not very good bait. That day i caught my only Bass ive ever caught,i had flatfish ,codling Whiting and a billet.
Its a while since ive caught codling but i like whiting and as long as your getting bites its good fun.
I suggested a roveing wild trout ticket on northumbria again.
It would be nice to be able to just drive onto Cow- Green and fish for a while then if it was too windy up there you could drop down onto selset or balderhead.
All the running about for tickets is costing too much when you are travelling a hundred miles to get up and down there.
This time next year i might have won the lottery and then i can go where i want.
I used to be able too but fuel has killed the enjoyment out of the travelling angler in my opinion.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:35 am

HI PETER

JUST SEEMS THIS YEAR BEEN CRAP ALL ROUND FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER I AVE GIVE UP TRYING TO GET SENCIBLE PRICED SEASON TICKETS MY LOVE AS ALWAYS BEEN THE DERWENT FROM BEEN 11
HATS A LOT OF YEARS ON THE CLOCK B4 I HAD MY OWN CAR USE TO GET A MINI BUS FROM CONSETT

I USE TO GO ACROSS THE DAM WALL AND DRIVER WOULD KNOW WHERE O PICK YOU UP AND EVEN GIVE YOU A FEW MINS TO GET THERE NO CHEST WADERS THEN ALLOWED MIND HE USE TO GET FISH FREE ALL THE TIME IVE SEEN ME WALK AND FISH FROM DAM WALL RIGHT UPTO GRAVE YARD BACK DAM WALL AND TILL TEN ON SOUTH SIDE IF I WAS GETTING PICKED UP AND NEVER FEEL LIKE I DO NOW ITS NOT ABOUT SIZE OF FISH CAN GO TO PONDS IF I NEEDED THAT ITS HE LACK OF FISH RISING UP THERE THAT HAS KILLED IT FOR ME WE ALL NO THE REASON WHY BUT THIS YEAR FOR ITS BEEN WORSE IVE ALWAYS AVERAGED BETWEEN 10 AND 15 FISH A SESSION FROM JUNE I THINK IVE HAD ONE DAY WITH 20 ODD ON DAM WALL REST HAVE BEEN BETWEEN ZERO AND MAX 5
LOTS OF THE TIME IN PERFECT CONDATIONS I HAVNT FISHED PROPERLY NOW FOR ABOUT 6 WEEKS JUST LOST INTEREST POOR ANGLERS ALWAYS BLAME SOMETHING SO I AM NO BETTER OR WORSE THESE DAYS THAN OTHERS LOL I WILL GET OUT SUNDAY FOR 6 HRS SEE A FEW DROWN OR FALL IN OR HOOK THERE PARTNER AT LANGLEY THAT WILL BRIGHTEN TERRY AND MY DAY UP FEEL BETTER ALREADY LOL

PS I LIKE THE IDEA OF SEA FISHING WHERE I CAN SIT IN THE CAR I DONT LIKE THE COLD

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:17 am

Hi peter
fuel and transport has killed this season for me as well ,
I've just lost my mobility car , according to them I don't need it  to get out and about .
for the last few years I managed to get out once a month on average , but no cash for
fishing either has really screwed up the last year  along with the family's problems .I Cant wait to see the back of this year .worst year so far of my life .
never mind I love reading the reports etc.
Dave
Topcat
Topcat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:35 am

HI

SORRY TO HERE ABOUT CAR TC MY MATES MRS IN SCOTLAND THE SAME SHE IS IN WHEELE CHAIR IF THEY GO FURTHER THAN 100 YARDS CANT OPPERATE ON 4 DISCS JUST PUT SLOW RELEASING PAIN KILLER IN HER EVER MONTH SHE CANT HAVE ONE EITHER NOW DOWN TO SAVING MONEY IN MY EYES NOWT ELSE I COULD THINK OF LOADS OF OTHER WAYS SADLY I WOULD GET LOCKED UP ID I PRINTED THEM LOL

SEEMS BEEN ODD YEAR FOR MOST PEOPLE

Dave

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by novice Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:55 pm

middlemast wrote:HI JEFF

WOULD LOVE TO BUT BODY WONT ALLOW ALL THAT STUFF I BOUGHT TWO YEARS AGO STILL UNUSED

dAVE
there are a few codling and coalies in tyne dave. the walkway at south shields has been fishing and its easy to fish, more or less out your car really,lol like you i hate the cold and when its starts getting bitter i will be arm chair angling in my house with heating on and cuppa beside me,lol i will be back into fly angling in spring but cost is killing me as with most people. so it will be a few trips here and there. lol money does really knock the shine of things.

novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi Dave, sorry to hear you're a bit down at the moment, I'm sure you'll feel different come next year, maybe a change of venue ? I will probably see you on Sunday, me and Paul are going to Langley 9 til 5 I think, we'll be on a boat so we should be safe from stray lines and flies Lol
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:41 pm

I mentioned a rover ticket on the Northumbria Water website and they said they would talk about it.
I thought a season ticket to fish only the wild waters and on a rover way of fishing might be a good idea for the person who would like to fish the Three wild waters in a day.
I dont expect people to take 12 fish seven days a week on the ticket.
I just thought if it was a reasonable price then the travelling angler could turn up when they wanted to just like a river angler does.
I am sure people are put of by haveing to buy the ticket at Grassholme then travel up dale for the fishing.
On the wild reservoirs they dont need the baliff there every day.
If poachers want to poach the wild reservoirs they will do it anyway.
Anyway ive suggested it we can only see what health and safety excuses arise.
At £12 a day you cant complain but its just the travelling ect that putting me of setting from home.
If i had the season ticket to fish the wild reservoirs and only had to find the petrol money i would probably fish more. Just a thought.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:51 am

hi peter

no reson why yjey cant the wild waters dont cost them anything maybe bit grass cutting at selset ive never seen a ranger on the wild waters yet i suppose they do but as you have now to pre book your ticket or get it at grassholm they dont need to go up there mind saying that never been asked for my permit on stocked waters i wouldnt no where my ticket is may still be in the package it was sent in they just walk past me and eddy and head for terry cos he looks dodgy lol if they would put a wild season ticket on at 100 quid i no where my money would be going selset mos of the time till june then between cow green and selset i have this thing about balderhead creeps me out spooky

ill ask about just a wild season ticket peter nothing to loose

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:53 am

HI ERIC

HAVE YOU BOOKED A BOAT COS I KNOW FEW FROM WORK SAY THERE ON ONE ME AND TERRY WILL BE EITHER UP THERE OR HURY I HAVNT BEEN TOLD WHERE I AM GOING THEN I THINK ILL GIVE IT A REST TILL MAY IF I DONT SEE YOU UP THERE HOPE WEATHER HOLDS FOR YOU

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi Dave, looks like I won't see you on Sunday after all, Fred didn't get Pauls' message on Tuesday and all boats are booked ! Hope you have a good day wherever you end up, I'm heading to Witton Castle instead, Cheers Eric
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down