ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sea -Trout from the Wear

+3
middlemast
leetheboxer
Lochbois
7 posters

Go down

Sea -Trout from the Wear Empty Sea -Trout from the Wear

Post by Lochbois Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:18 pm

For 20013 ive got me membership renewed for the 20 plus miles of water on the River Wear controlled by Bishop Auckland and District Angling Club who also have water at Eggleston on the Tees and Witton Castle Lakes.
On monday i was talking to a workman at my friends home i told him i fished the Wear and which club i was in and he told me he thought there was a perminant waiting list for BAAC.
Thats not so these days and i told him for £135 he would get a years fihing which he agreed was good value.
I ve just got me 2013 licence through the door has anybody been out after a Wear Sea Trout?
I think this weekend if we get the sun they are forecasting we could see the Hawthorn Flies makeing the first appearence.
I havnt seen a fish rise for well over a year now so i suppose my best chance will be a team of wet spiders . Very Happy

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Sea -Trout from the Wear Empty Re: Sea -Trout from the Wear

Post by leetheboxer Tue May 14, 2013 1:03 am

hi..lochbois..I generally only fish for sea-trout & salmon from may onwards I do venture to still waters during season also but not as much..i have fished the wear now for 15 yrs but I am in ferryhill & district angling club..i do know quite a bit about bishops water tho..bishop have the opposite bank to ferryhill from page bank to croxdale which I know very well & is great for sea-trout..i have fished this stretch twice now this season.once during the day when I caught 41 par & brownies.on the night session I caught around 6 brownies but was only there a few hrs.i did not see a single decent fish moving both times..we need a good downpour to lift river height for fish to come into system I think.then it will be good I reckon.my yearly average on the wear is between 20-30 fish,my largest last season was a pristine sea-trout of 10lb.im sure you have been told but I will tell you anyway the river wear is the best sea-trout river in England. if you want to catch salmon tho you should think about the tyne..hope this helps....lee

Last edited by leetheboxer on Tue May 14, 2013 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)

leetheboxer

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Tue May 14, 2013 5:06 pm

HI LADS

SMASHING NEW REPORTS KEEP THEM COMMING HAVE ONLY FISHED FOR SEA TROUT A COUPLE OF TIMES BUT I DONT LIKE THE DARK LOL NOT JOKING

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by noelgarside Tue May 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Here Lee buzz off with a good downpour my static is only 10 yards from the Wear at Eastgate. lol! lol! lol!
noelgarside
noelgarside

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Tue May 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Lochbois wrote: For 20013 ive got me membership renewed for the 20 plus miles of water on the River Wear controlled by Bishop Auckland and District Angling Club who also have water at Eggleston on the Tees and Witton Castle Lakes.
On monday i was talking to a workman at my friends home i told him i fished the Wear and which club i was in and he told me he thought there was a perminant waiting list for BAAC.
Thats not so these days and i told him for £135 he would get a years fihing which he agreed was good value.
I ve just got me 2013 licence through the door has anybody been out after a Wear Sea Trout?
I think this weekend if we get the sun they are forecasting we could see the Hawthorn Flies makeing the first appearence.
I havnt seen a fish rise for well over a year now so i suppose my best chance will be a team of wet spiders . Very Happy
a team of spiders will be ok for browns but for sea trout I would be tempted to fish the blue charm or medicine teal or teal-blue. that's if your talking (single hook) blue been the colour in my experience
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Sea -Trout from the Wear Empty Wear Sea-Trout.

Post by Lochbois Wed May 15, 2013 12:15 pm

I have fished BAAC water since the 70/80,but i got serious with sea-trout in 2002.
I believe it is the best sea-trout in England. Size wise the Wear fish are fantastic.
My best season is 13 sea-trout. I t would probably be more but i dont like C/R and if i do get a nice takeable fish i go home satisfied.
I now am usually trusting the Bibio and the Peter-Ross as my confidence flies.
Also you dont need to see fish leaping to have fish in the river. Its far better that you learn the hot spots .
I catch all my fish on the fly and only use a Blue Cortland Intermediate and a Hardy D/T floater.
My rod is a Daiwa 10 foot 7# Lochmore with a Dragonfly reel.
My best sea-trout to date weighed I3 pound.
Best times i find for takeing sea-trout most evenings is just as the sun disappears which is around 9pm- 12 pm.
Very rare when i stay any longer. Ive tried it but the fish just seem to go off.
Lets hope this rain has affected the fish layed off the coast.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Alexander Wed May 15, 2013 12:30 pm

Hello,
I'd love to have go at the sea trout in the Wear. I have been told that Chester le street is a good club to try and join and this was always my plan as I live at Chester le street (Ouston). Do any of you lads have experience of the Chester le street waters or should I concentrate elsewhere?

Regards Ian.

Ian Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by leetheboxer Wed May 15, 2013 1:09 pm

ferryhill angling did have the rights to fish the Creighton avenue stretch but sadly lost it to durham anglers angling club they also ended up with shincliffe the same year & its only 50-60 quid a year I think..was a good water for sea-trout but like the rest of the wear depended on water levels...lee

leetheboxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Wed May 15, 2013 2:52 pm

I am a member of Bishop Auckland Angling Club.
They have places and for £135 you get the Wear the Tees and a discount on Witton Castle lakes.
I would advice anybody to learn the river they are fishing rather than run around fishing other rivers because you have heard its fishing well.
I was in far too many clubs and i probably read too many books a collected too much tackle.
The Wear has some big sea-trout and once you get one of them on the end of your line you will want to catch more of them.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackgnat Wed May 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Ian Alexander wrote:Hello,
I'd love to have go at the sea trout in the Wear. I have been told that Chester le street is a good club to try and join and this was always my plan as I live at Chester le street (Ouston). Do any of you lads have experience of the Chester le street waters or should I concentrate elsewhere?

Regards Ian.

Cocken Farm can have an immense amount of fish- especially Bishops Pool.
Black & Silver tubes along with black & green tubes have done very well for me- surface lures too.

Blackgnat

Back to top Go down

Sea -Trout from the Wear Empty static

Post by leetheboxer Sat May 18, 2013 2:52 pm

hi noel..i hope your caravans still there after last nights deluge of rain the river levels have gone sky high mate...lee

leetheboxer

Back to top Go down

Post by noelgarside Sat May 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Cheers Lee made me smile
noelgarside
noelgarside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down