ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

salmon poachers nabbed on wear

+4
Lochbois
middlemast
Blackgnat
lee cartmail
8 posters

Go down

salmon poachers nabbed on wear Empty salmon poachers nabbed on wear

Post by lee cartmail Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:05 pm

glad to see police and the EA working hand in hand

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

salmon poachers nabbed on wear Empty Re: salmon poachers nabbed on wear

Post by Blackgnat Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Its been a long time coming!
As well as the obvious damage to stocks etc...this is protecting legal anglers right to fish at this productive stretch without fear of intimidation.

Blackgnat

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:43 pm

hi

might get a few of you upset you dont think anglers on the wair fish by the book all the time when i was very young a seen so called anglers spinning when well not sure what you called the nrs people then soon as they left the snatching equipment came out when you mean poachers as in nets then good this i dont like i got hooked on fishing watching salmon sea trout trying to jump up the passes spent many a time spinning near the ice rink never caught a salmon did have browns

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackgnat Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:11 pm

No Dave- what I meant was that over the past few years a few honest anglers have been threatened and given abuse by the snatchers there.
I even read on Fly Forums where a few anglers were saying fishing should be banned there because of it.
Why should the honest man suffer because of the snatchers?

Blackgnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:54 pm

The E/A officer was at BAAC meeting and he was telling us that he needs the publics help to catch these poachers.
He also said they need a lot of evidence to catch these people and take them to court.
Its also time consumeing and they only have a limited workforce because of cuts and the North east are is a massive area for them to police.
They should get a pat on the back from all honest anglers because at the end of the day they are only doing a job to put food on the table for their family.
If you see this poaching regulary then ring the E/A and if they can they will try and get the evidence to bring a prosecution.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackgnat Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:02 pm

I am hearing that the free stretch has been the best spot on Wear this year apart from the private tidal pools.
Ferryhill, Chester Le Street and Bishop Auckland waters have all apparently fished at their worst for some time and a few anglers are leaving and just concentrating on the free stretch.
That said- the hydro construction in Durham is a right mess at the moment and will interrupt upstream passage too.

Blackgnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:11 am

Is that whats been built at the Ice rink side of the Wear?.
Seems every river in the N/east is getting a hydro system.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackgnat Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:44 am

Yes it is- and its not the only proposed for the Wear.
Rookhope Burn at Eastgate and Witton Park are another two.
Broken Scar on Tees is another.
Anglers have slept on this issue too long and supporters of green energy are too keen to ruin unique environments for the sake of very little energy.
It takes these projects near enough a decade to produce the equivalent of the carbon use involved in their building.

Blackgnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:27 pm

The yorkshire Esk has one but they did nothing about it.
I was asked to comment on it and got barred for my efforts.
The club i am in on the Wear is campaigning on members behalves i believe.
I heard bad news about the Teesbarrage energy saveing screws that were installed at the White water course last week and that was from an engineer who was shocked by what was going on.
I have always said that the money spent their would create a White Elephant and its only a year and they are haveing running cost problems.
Isnt it strange how they can find money for some things,but when anglers make a suggestion they never listen.
We see far more on the banks than them sat in an office.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackgnat Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Lochbois wrote:The yorkshire Esk has one but they did nothing about it.
Actually- you are bang wrong on that count.
There were plenty of people trying to get it stopped. EFA, GAC, Grosmont Angling Club, Danby Angling Club,  Private beat owners, Fishlegal, Anglers Trust and various anglers had letters published in the local press and angling press- as well as campaigning at the highest levels.

You should stop your grievances getting in the way of the facts and rubbishing other peoples (myself and friends included) efforts when you are obviously unaware of the bigger picture.

Blackgnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:22 pm

I didnt want to get involved in the Esk Hydro debate but i was criticized for being silent. Then when i spoke after three weeks of being silent i was banned.
I was told to invest in the Esk Hydro system but no way i can become an invester.
But it is obvious that shareholders in these systems are very powerful.
Green Energy is the alternative power you just have to look at the wind turbines and now the threat from Fracking to see that our rivers future are at threat.
But you dont have to worry about me because i do my campaigning in the old way.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackgnat Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:50 pm

The 'debate' as you call it took place in real life- not on the internet.

I'm curious who told you to invest- they must be the financial advice equivalent of a backstreet spiv.

The only green thing about it all is those that invest.
Shareholders are being fleeced- they have no power.

Blackgnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:32 am

I was given the information to invest in the Whitby Turbo scheme because i did my bit to find out what could be done to drop the work in Whitby.I dont have the money to invest.
It was more or less given the go ahead when i was asked my opinion.
Ive only had access to the internet since 2008.
I joined fishing forums to try and drum up support for the Teesbarrage Campaign run by the Angling Trust. We got about 400 signitures ,but it also got me barred from three forums which probably was a good thing because i enjoy this site for its honesty and friend ly members and i like the flyfishingforum .I simply cant understand why other forums dont allow members freedom of speech but its their site and their rules and they have the finger on the button.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:26 pm

freedom of speech is all well and good peter and I a big fan of calling a spade a spade. I agree some thing needs doing about the barrage and the fish that gets eaten by seals does seam a lot, but that's mother nature no one moans about the insects that gets eaten by birds or the small mice that gets eaten by the feral cats on the tees I remember when you could not fish parts of the lower tees in Stockton due to pollution, dumped cars, rubbish. I spent all my youth biking up to yarm fishing for bream and getting covered in oil slicks at low tide. in my opinion the tees is NOW one if not the best river in the country and some times we just have to be gratefull for what we have
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Better not say any more about Tees Seals on this thread.

Its about time we heard something about the poachers down the Ice-rink section.
I always called in there to watch if fish were running and it was crazy to see what was going on there.
Now they can watch the snatchers on the web cam.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:35 am

say what you like tees seals eat salmon FACT nobody protests about trout whacking fry in the autumn or pike picking off fish in the swale its the food chain it amazes me how forum members on all forums kick up a stink if salmon get eaten by predators but don't give a toss when fry get eaten. the last trout I spooned had a good head of fry in its gut fish get eaten by birds seals anglers. the river tees is in the best condition I have seen and I have fished it for 25years man and boy and long may it continue, the seals otters birds have more right to the river than we do
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by noelgarside Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Well said Lee.
noelgarside
noelgarside

Back to top Go down

Post by noelgarside Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Peter start fishing again and don't use the excuse of petrol costs I live within 5 minutes of you and you have never once asked for a lift anywhere.
noelgarside
noelgarside

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:38 pm

Im all for freedom of speech but you are both out of line. As a group we do not tolerate personal attacks. I hope you both act like grown ups and put this to bed as I dont want to have to put a stop to this. Take this how it is ment to be taken and calm down.
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by twoaitch Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Freedom of speech is one of the basest rights in any democracy. "Speech" is the operative word here, the spoken word if witnessed can be interpreted as slanderous, but that is difficult to prove..
The "Written" word can be construed as libelous, and does not require witness, as it is permanent....even though a moderator has deleted the conversation from view.
twoaitch
twoaitch

Back to top Go down

salmon poachers nabbed on wear Empty You must be jokeing.

Post by Lochbois Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:14 pm

Dear Mr Cartmail.
Surely you must be jokeing when you say i dont have a right to talk about a river i dont fish.Laughing 

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:16 pm

Dazkat wrote:Im all for freedom of speech but you are both out of line. As a group we do not tolerate personal attacks. I hope you both act like grown ups and put this to bed as I dont want to have to put a stop to this.  Take this how it is ment to be taken and calm down.
it was not a personal attack on any 1 its my opinion and i stand by it because i disagree with peter does not mean i am attacking him or his views. I AGREE WITH HIM THAT SOMETHING NEEDS DOING ABOUT THE BARRAGE.
i disagree with his views on the tees seals.
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:21 pm

looks like the high and mighty have took over peter and will just delete what i say. One of the main reasons i stood down as a mod a little power has gone to their heads. Any body who knows me knows i passionate about the tees and if i offended you well tuff:lol!: lol! no offence meant
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:47 pm

CAN I ASK ADMIN TO CLOSE THIS THREAD BEFORE SOME THING GETS OUT OF HAND PLEASE
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:22 pm

Topcat