ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great night

4 posters

Go down

Great night Empty Great night

Post by leetheboxer Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:54 am

well decided to have a look down the wear tonight even though there was no water in it. setting up in the car park then snap my bloody rod snapped on the top section i couldn't believe it, the only luck I seem to get these days is bad, was going to derwent this week till noticed bald tyre then £220 later cant afford fishing & now I need a new rod.....GUTTED

leetheboxer

Back to top Go down

Great night Empty Re: Great night

Post by bruntroot Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:01 am

unlucky Lee.....but bad luck comes in threes so watch out....!!!
bruntroot
bruntroot

Back to top Go down

Post by leetheboxer Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:06 am

there coming constantly for me lately don't know whats going on, as long as it stops when I get my new rod lol

leetheboxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutchy007 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:57 am

lol, yes mate, make sure something else happens before that new rods aquired Very Happy
Hutchy007
Hutchy007

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:33 am

Dont worry its not only you thats unlucky.
I ve had me benefits stopped yet again and then yesterday i got a knock on the door telling me did i know me rear car window is shattered.
So i am now going for my first windscreen claim in my lifetime.
New i shoulkd have gone fishing.lol

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by leetheboxer Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:04 pm

my front windscreen got a stone smacked off it last month by a police motorbike going in the opposite direction, hit right at bottom so needed replacing for £70 excess aswell...lol

leetheboxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:47 pm

Ive got a chip in the front screen. That was caused by a range rover putting his foot down in the gravel at the side of the road. He pushed me all the way through a single lane then overtook as soon as the road widened. I hate that tailgateing.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by leetheboxer Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:19 pm

got my new rod yesterday a greys grxi+ #6..used it last night, lovely rod & caught a nice brownie of a lb on it

leetheboxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Was that a river Wear Brown trout that you caught on your new rod.
I like Daiwa rods. I find if i break them i get them replaced no problem.
Hardys are too expensive and their replacement repair is non existing in my case and that was in the 70/80s when i broke my Richard Walker Farnbrough.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by leetheboxer Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 am

yeah from the wear, down from sunderland bridge, thought it was a little sea-trout till I got it in jumping around like mad & I got it on a stoats tail double, got a good pull aswell earlier but no hook up ..i`m getting a replacement section for my broken G-series sent aswell for £25 from greys,so will be my spare rod now, better than the crappy fladen thing I bought before when I snapped my diawa whisker, that was a lovely rod had it for years till I snapped it on a bat down the river. was devastated

leetheboxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:39 pm

That must be Ferryhill Water is it Lee.
I am in Bishop Auckland.
I was in Ferryhill in the  late 70s but droppedcout and joined Bishop.
I have a friend who wants me to take him sea-trout fishing but i will only go when i feel like it myself.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by leetheboxer Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:26 pm

yeah its ferryhill stretch, to be honest I was going to join bishop but was put off by the high membership fees & I don't fish witton castle enough, so stayed with ferryhill I usually get over 20 fish a season sometimes a lot more from the water so don't really need to change clubs, but as you will know it all depends on a spate which hasn't happened for ages for there to be fish

leetheboxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:19 am

Do you fish around the Tudhoe strech of Ferryhill.
The water round there looks nice on your side  after the massive floods have changed the pools.
When i was in Ferryhill in the 70s acess always seemed harder thats why i joined Bishop.
Since 2002 ive learnt that you need to look for the holding spots not so much the fish.
I have a spot where all the experts walk past yet i am usually guaranteed a fish if they are in the mood.
I beat three of the experts one evening when they were all armed with spinner.
I had the fly rod, because it is a long way home i decided to give the fly a swim and as soon as the fly hit the water i caught a sea-trout.
The lads were right it did look filthy for the fly but it just shows you that if your confident you can catch a fish.
I saw them next night and they didnt have a fish.
I need to catch a fish spinning because i have the gear i just dont have the confidence.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by leetheboxer Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:33 pm

i generally fish below sunderland bridge but when brownie fishing or later in season I venture up that end. access is still bad in some areas but a lot better than it used to be & some proper good pools, don't like parking the car at page bank tho because peoples cars been vandalised in past. got spinning gear but never use it, think its crap m8

leetheboxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:18 pm

That pool called the Pylon Pool at Tudhoe on Ferryhill side is  best fished from your side.
A member was going to lease or buy the Water once and he was going to allow me to fish it.
I am still waiting.
Bishop had it for a year about 2008 but then it went back to Ferryhill.Ive had some salmon and sea-trout out of there.Your members seem to fish it spinning with extra water. It fishes best for myself when the rivers normal.Best pool on Ferryhill.lol

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by leetheboxer Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:18 am

if its the pool with the electric pylon and the lines going over the river, ferryhill anglers are not supposed to fish it for obvious reasons but just above or below are good pools which I`ve had fish out myself..also that pool has changed it used to be deeper down the bishop side but now its a lot shallower

leetheboxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum