ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northumberland Fly-Fishing Championships

+7
middlemast
Topcat
bruntroot
westcoaster
Fluffcat
Shipman
robbie bell
11 posters

Go down

Northumberland Fly-Fishing Championships Empty Northumberland Fly-Fishing Championships

Post by robbie bell Fri May 24, 2013 10:43 am

Hi There,

The Sonik Northumberland Championships

Heats will be on the 7th of July and 21st July. Final on the 1st September.

A Fun and Friendly Championships to be held at Chatton Fishery on Dunnydeer Lake.

Only Anglers who genuinely live in Northumberland may enter.

Maximum of 20 Anglers per heat.

10 Anglers from each heat will go through to the Final including the top Lady and the top Junior Angler

Entry will cost £30 per Heat and £30 for the Final including your Fishing and Lunch. Juniors to pay £22

Each Entrant will receive a Sonik Flyline for both Heats and the Final.

Anglers can enter both heats but entries will not be confirmed until a full payment is made. You cannot book a heat without paying. You can fish the second heat after qualifying in the first.

If you qualify on the first heat and have paid for the second heat you cannot withdraw from the second heat unless we have someone to take your place. No refunds unless your place is filled.

There will be prizes for the top Ten Anglers in the Final.

Any residual monies will be donated to charity. Accounts will be available.

Fishing will be Catch and Release to Fishery Rules with the addition of peg timings, points etc.

40 minute per peg with 10 minute intervals. 4 sessions in the morning with four in the afternoon.

10.00 Start Lunch 13.10 to 14.00 Finish 17.10

Send your entries only to Game Fair 12 Marygate Berwick on Tweed TD15 1BN

Please include Name and Address and a Phone Number and e-mail address if you have one.

Entries only confirmed if you include a Cheque payable to Game Fair

First Come, First Served Smile

Best Regards

robbie

robbie bell

Back to top Go down

Northumberland Fly-Fishing Championships Empty Re: Northumberland Fly-Fishing Championships

Post by Shipman Fri May 24, 2013 12:18 pm

I think I will be having a shot at this Robbie.
Shipman
Shipman

Back to top Go down

Northumberland Fly-Fishing Championships Empty Re: Northumberland Fly-Fishing Championships

Post by Fluffcat Fri May 24, 2013 6:50 pm

good luck rob. is there any winners prizes up for grabs Very Happy

Fluffcat

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Fri May 24, 2013 10:31 pm

Shipman wrote:I think I will be having a shot at this Robbie.
Was all for it myself till i read the rules,can i launch an appeal..... Laughing Laughing Laughing

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bruntroot Sat May 25, 2013 6:48 am

my address is Newcastle upon tyne does make me elligable....????
bruntroot
bruntroot

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Sat May 25, 2013 10:44 am

bruntroot wrote:my address is Newcastle upon tyne does make me elligable....????
nope it states "Only Anglers who genuinely live in Northumberland may enter only "so even rob cant as far as I can tell .
Newcastle is Tyne and wear .
Topcat
Topcat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie bell Sat May 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi There,

At the moment it is only anglers who live in Northumberland. There are several reasons for this.

We want to try and encourage Newcomers, Ladies and Juniors to enter and not have too many "Big Names" fishing so the more average angler has a chance of reaching the final and getting a prize.

If the idea takes off then perhaps Durham, Tyne and Wear and Cumbria may follow with there own "Championships" which could then progress to an inter county match.

Hopefully it will take off and if not we may open up the entries to "outsiders" Very Happy

Best Regards

robbie

robbie bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Shipman Sun May 26, 2013 5:34 am

Looks like I won't be having a shot at this then. Sad
Shipman
Shipman

Back to top Go down

Post by bruntroot Sun May 26, 2013 5:59 am

Rob If you were to play football or Cricket for a county who would it be.....????? Pretty sure your in Northumberland mate.....
bruntroot
bruntroot

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Sun May 26, 2013 11:50 am

hi robbie

ME I THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA BUT IF YOUR STOPPING COMP LADS FROM OTHER AREAS SURLY WOULDNT IT BE RIGHT TO STOP THE COMP LADS FROM UP THERE ASWELL ENTERING AND JUST MAKE IT A TOTAL NOVICE ANGLERS COMP BUT WHO IS COMP AND WHO ISNT STILL THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA HOPE ITS GOES WELL

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by andypandy Sun May 26, 2013 6:22 pm

I defo wont be there as i live too far south lol
andypandy
andypandy

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie bell Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:56 am

Hi There,

Due to a lack of interest this competition is now cancelled.

Best Regards

Robbie

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

robbie bell

Back to top Go down

Post by appetiser Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:00 pm

shame robbie, at least you tried , think there might be too many comps at the minute
appetiser
appetiser

Back to top Go down

Post by david86 Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:11 pm

Hi robbie insted of cancelling it why don't you invite some other lad for out side northumberland just to make the numbers up???

david86

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:44 am

Make it Northeast rather than Northumberland, I am certain it would fill fast and probably just from here, and the partner site Northeast Stillwaters on Facebook.

admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.ukgameangler.com

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie bell Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:33 am

Hi There,

Many thanks for the suggestions but the event is now cancelled.

There was only one entry.......................... so it is unlikely that we would have enough even if it were opened up.

Best Regards

robbie

robbie bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Shipman Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi Robbie,

Sorry to hear that the comp is cancelled.    I would have fished it if it had been opened up.
Shipman
Shipman

Back to top Go down

Post by bruntroot Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:09 pm

was at home for the dates prior mentioned i would have entered ....
bruntroot
bruntroot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down