ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Late report ! Sunday7th Sept

2 posters

Go down

Late report ! Sunday7th Sept Empty Late report ! Sunday7th Sept

Post by Eric Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Much awaited visit to Sweethope as I hadn't been for a couple of years saw Daz, Darren and myself start fishing about 9 30, fine sunny morning but a chilly NW wind blowing down lough. Darren and Daz were wading, I took a boat, having to row today as my usual shipmate, Paul was indisposed, lol. I started just in front of the car park, usually a good spot but had no interest so moved to next bay but same thing there ! Decided to row across and see if the lads had had any luck but Daz shouted across they hadn't had a touch, same as me then Rolling Eyes I fished there for a while then went to the top of the lough, up to now I hadn't seen one fish and never had a tug ! I decided just to drift back down as it was nearly time for some food. Plan B for the afternoon, changed one floater for a slow int and put on a gold head nomad, a couple of anglers had had 1 or 2 fish from the small lough on this fly. Daz and Darren decided to try the smaller lake, I had paid for the boat, so was going to persevere Cool Again I started outside the bay and after about 15 mins at last I had a fish on the nomad, Blank off ! Very Happy Wind was a bit stronger so thought I'd try far side where the trees would give some shelter. After 10 mins rowing ( I must get a motor ) I found some calm water and actually the odd fish rising Shocked casting to one of these rising fish I had 2nd fish on a daddy. Stayed up there for about an hour but no more interest so again just drifted down to car park area, only about 30 mins left so put anchor down and after a few casts had another fish on a black fritz, best take of the day turning out to be the smallest fish. Daz and Darren appeared so I headed in, they had managed 2 each so at least we all had caught some fish, though not easily. It was lovely to fish Sweethope again but a bit more action and a few more fish would have been welcome, pity the view has been spoilt as well with those bloody wind turbines, what an eyesore ! Certainly have another visit, sometime !
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Late report ! Sunday7th Sept Empty Re: Late report ! Sunday7th Sept

Post by appetiser Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:27 am

At least you caught fish and kept fit eric , the day before a comp was on so fishing would have been harder in that case , fish must be well spread , so going for a drift about there on sunday with rob . You are right about wind turbines but money talks
appetiser
appetiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:12 pm

Hope you both have a good day, be interesting to hear how you get on. By the way it was a Montana not a nomad I caught on Embarassed
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down