ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

higham pairs

+2
Dazkat
david86
6 posters

Go down

higham pairs Empty higham pairs

Post by david86 Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:30 pm

Well done to rob and jim for winning the higham pairs crackin fishin lads

david86

Back to top Go down

higham pairs Empty Re: higham pairs

Post by Dazkat Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Nice one lads. Let us know how you did it
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Dazkat wrote:Nice one lads.  Let us know how you did it
You've nae chance o them tellin,tighter than 2 coats o paint! Well done Jim n Rob,good angling yet again....

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by appetiser Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:22 pm

well done rob and jim ,
appetiser
appetiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry the Book Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Brilliant result Jim and Rob.
Harry the Book
Harry the Book

Back to top Go down

higham pairs Empty Higham Pairs Final Sun 24th Nov 2013

Post by Shipman Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:22 pm

Well Jim & myself arrived to find the car park filling up nicely.  I had my doubts that 20 rods, 10 pairs, would have enough room around the lake as there were a few pegs that would have been hard to fish due to the weed, but I needn't have worried, as Andy and the lads have been doing some work on the bankside vegetation and also pulled a lot of weed out.  As it turned out 1 pairing were unable to make it, Brian Mulholland and his grandson Gary,  Brian was not to well,  hope you get better quickly Brian.

We set up, paid our fees and drew the numbers I started on peg 12 down the bottom end, Jim on peg 17, at least we were not fishing our partners pegs.   I will let Jim tell how his sessions panned out.
Whistle blew and it seemed an age before the first fish was landed, at the other end of the lake closest to the lodge, that's were the fish are I thought.   Not long after I landed my first fish, few blank off. C losely followed by my next. I had left my priest in the house as I normally only fish C&R, so a tin of an energy drink I was carrying was used to dispatch the fish, totally un professional I know Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed  Still not much happening around the lake.  Time to move 3 pegs to peg 15.  Started to fish again and saw a fish milling about in the weed, great at least there is one fish hear.  Managed another two on this peg and that was our quota of fish to be killed.  Moved to the last peg of the morning session peg 18 right at the top end closest to the lodge. There must be fish hear I thought.  Missed two fish right in the side, but just before the session finished Jim caught one, great that gave us 5 fish on a hard morning. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Had lunch which was very welcome, burgers and a hot coffee.  We had a chat and decided on what we were going to do in the afternoon sessions.  As there was not much doing I decided on sticking with my method to see how it went.  I started on peg 21,  which was opposite were I had finished before lunch.  I got one, then I heard someone into a fish and being told that they were now on C&R, hello this is getting close I thought affraid   Jim banged two out, that gave us some breathing space.  Next peg and Jim and myself both got 2 fish each, last peg and Jim and myself both got 1 each, what an afternoon.  I had been given the nod from the marshal that we were way in front, get in.

I don't know the full results but we were 1st with 14, 2nd had 5 and 3rd had 3, I think there was a lot of blanks and ones.

Big thank you to Andy and the crew for running the competition and for the food and prizes.
If its on next year keep an eye open for it as its a canny competition.
Shipman
Shipman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Good report rob. Nice to see fish been caught at Higham.
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down