ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secret Rivers

3 posters

Go down

Secret Rivers Empty Secret Rivers

Post by Lochbois Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:43 pm

I was talking to a fellow angler yesterday who was walking his dog where i walk Jenny my dog.
I asked him how his season had gone and he said he had lost more fish through them shakeing the hook.
He said there had been a lot of big migratory fish on the river this year, but his club were keeping it a secret.
When i left him i was left thinking are anglers shooting themselves in the foot by keeping the fish catches to themselves.
Then i was thinking have i been foolish to report fish catches in the past.
Maybe thats one of the reasons behind me getting barred of the three forums when i first came across fishing forums.Suppose i will never know.
I was told by a fishing magazine river reporter that he could get no fishing catches because anglers didnt want to report any information.
I have recently talked to the E/A and they more or less told me that they get very little complaints or advice from anglers,so they just think everything is ok.
I told him what i thought could improve things and he told me he would look into it.
So if i go fishing in the future is it better that we keep our N/East rivers a Secret?

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Secret Rivers Empty Re: Secret Rivers

Post by Blackgnat Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Personally I think you are kidding yourself if you think things are as secret as all that.
Wear, Tyne, Coquet and Esk information is out there for all to see online.
Tees does go under-reported but in my opinion thats the business of those that fish it..and I wouldn't want to be the one to ruin their sport.
Think about- with all the online information available now, NOTHING is as secret as it was say 20 years ago.

Blackgnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:54 pm

Personaly i think we need to report the catches. They cant have full membership by keeping things a secret can they.
Also if they arnt reporting the catches to the E/A how can they expect them to stock the rivers.
The E/A thinks everything is running smoothely yet on the forums plenty are complaining amongst themselves.
Fishing needs to encourage more people to take up fishing if its to survive into the future.

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackgnat Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:29 pm

Maybe full membership of clubs isn't a priority for those actually fishing the river???
But as I've said the guys on the riverbank are the ones who know best.
This E.A. stocking you talk about- how many rivers in the North East actually get stocked with migratory fish apart from Tyne?
I can't think of any that are totally funded by E.A.

If people want to keep quiet it could be for a multitude of reasons- poaching, increased rents, over-subscription from angling clubs......and I just think it would be bad form to make them sing about it from the tree tops.
Its most likely a big part of their lives and they keep schtum because they care about it.

Blackgnat

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:41 pm

the thing with catch reports is over half are pure bullshit ive stood next to well known and well respected anglers and over heard them lie about catch returns. plus I know for a fact a good mate of mine had a 25lb plus salmon from the tees and never logged his catch purely so poaches would not know''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''fishing as been going on for tens of decades peter I think it will survive our life time
Middlesbrough angling club= thriving
darlington anglers =thriving
darlo brown trout = thriving
darlo fly fishers = doing well
their just the river clubs I belong to peter plus I on 2 waiting lists for other clubs, I was on section 8 of the derwent today and witnessed WILD rainbows about 8 inches getting caught I NOW KNOW OF 2 RIVERS AND 1 STREAM THAT HAVE BREADING RAINBOWS ALL WITHIN 150 MILES OF TEESIDE
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Ive only been told about Rainbows breeding in the feeding streams at Hury Reservoir and Mr****the Baliff told me that and he knows his fish.

Last edited by twoaitch on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed name)

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down