ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F.A.B Day Oot

+2
potts123
westcoaster
6 posters

Go down

F.A.B Day Oot Empty F.A.B Day Oot

Post by westcoaster Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Picked up my mate Ricky and headed down to Whinney to meet up with a few of the lads.Will was already there and Stew,Eric and Paul soon arrived after us.At the start it was flat calm and fish were moving allover the water.Setup with the bung and yellow blob,set at 2 feet.Was soon into a fish and there was a few other rods bending as well.The flat calm did`nt last long and it was bitter cold wind that picked up,though the rain held off till lunchtime.I fished my way round the water picking up fish here and there.Plenty of offers and i took the blob n bung off as it was looking like a cricket score was on the cards with it.Chopped and changed for the next wee while with fish coming to a few various flies.Stuck the bung on again with a bug and was soon into a few fish,the pick of the bunch was a belter around 6-7lbs.Lunchtime and we had some good craic,with the usual quality Killie pies and cake for some of us,felt sorry for Stew not being able to have any!Rolling Eyes 
After lunch for me the fishing was still fast n furiousfor me though i know Ricky struggled for awhile.Had some good fun with the blobs,both under the bung or FAB style fished just subsurface.Yellow was definetly the best colour for today but i had some on the Flybox Meringue blob as well.Time soon came for me n Ricky to call it a day as we wanted to go up to the open day at Fishers Direct,Davie McPhail was doing the tying demo there.Whinney is a cracking wee water for a winter meetup,always fish to be had and the facilities are superb.Very Happy 

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

F.A.B Day Oot Empty Re: F.A.B Day Oot

Post by potts123 Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:22 am

thanks for that andy it did kill me seeing you an ricky eating those pies:(  lol yes whinnie is a cracking wee water i started of with a bloodworm after a few casts fish on then again next cast. I tried a few different flies to know avail so i put back on the bloodworm with no bead as fish seemed to be in the top two foot of water and it payed of with another five fish in a hr changed fly again to a natural hatch of peach tinnies under the bung and did this work the fish went crazy dropped eight and got the same back to the net so in all a good days fishing with a good bunch of lads looking forward to my trip up to rosinlee at end of november thanks for reading:D Very Happy Very Happy 
potts123
potts123

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:35 am

cracking result and nice reports lads .
Topcat
Topcat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

F.A.B Day Oot Empty What am " I " doing wrong ?

Post by Eric Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Really cold start to the day, having to de ice the car before picking Stew up then on to Pauls' for the trip up to Whinney. Arrived just as Andy and Ricky were setting up, after a bit craic we made our way down to the lake This is where I seemed to make my first mistake of the day, turning left heading to top corner while everyone else turned right Rolling Eyes  Not too windy to start with but cold, couldn't feel fingers after 10 mins, anyway, started with pink bloodworm but no interest and I could see rods bending from everyone further down bank ! so I made my way down beside Ricky and Stew, wind was bit stronger now but eventually had first fish on the pinky. Few fish on the surface so tried a muddler and was rewarded with another nice fish, but had a lot of catching up to do as Ricky had fish after fish, Stew getting a few as well! Tried a few changes but couldn't tempt any more, and it was bait time, the wind was really strong now and it had started raining.After some food and a good laugh we headed back outside, it was chucking it down now and for the next couple of hours I never had a sniff, had a chat with Andy who was walking round lake picking up fish from most places where he stopped. I had a bit wander myself, and the rain eventually stopped, pity about the wind, it just got stronger:shock: We were into the last hour, Andy and Ricky had gone, Paul had just had a lovely fish about 6 or 7 lbs, and I hadn't had a pull ! But at last, fishing with an olive damsel I had fish no 3 and 20 mins later no4 to a straggle cat, that was a bit better and even more so when Stew shouted down that The Toon had won 2-0. Time to go now, and another good day with good company, I will get it right eventually and manage a few more fish ( think I need to go to the Dark Side ! ) but I really like Whinney, hope we can get up again over the winter
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by potts123 Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:02 pm

we sure will eric Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
potts123
potts123

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:01 pm

Its time u moved to the darkside eric. Its can make the difference in the winter.
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by appetiser Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:36 pm

canny day out there everyone , don't know what was more surprising andy banging the fish out or stew refusing a pie .
appetiser
appetiser

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:45 pm

he even turned down cake!Shocked Shocked Shocked 
p.s. i was taking it easy on the troots yesterday Wink Wink 

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Think you're right Daz, hate to see you when you're serious Andy lol! 
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum