ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweethope Sat 27th June 2015

2 posters

Go down

Sweethope Sat 27th June 2015 Empty Sweethope Sat 27th June 2015

Post by Shipman Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:36 am

Went up to Sweethope with Appertiser and Tinnie Pete for a afternoon/evening session, me in one boat and them two in the other.  When we got there it was bright and breezy. Started near the top end left hand side, looking from the car park, with a fast glass and a couple of mini lures.  Had a couple of pulls but nothing stuck. Tried various drifts and nothing to the boat. Cloud was now becoming more frequent so put on a couple of black dries and headed right to the top end behind the island. Started to get some interest and as the night wore on more and more fish showed and the sport became fast and furious. I ended up returning 16, snapped off once and dropped a couple. Missed a load, just before we came away, caenis flies came out and the place was alive to rising fish, but tempting them was difficult but not impossible.  Getting a further stocking on Monday 29th June 2015, so should keep the fishing going well.

Will let Appertiser tell his own story.

Last edited by Shipman on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shipman
Shipman

Back to top Go down

Sweethope Sat 27th June 2015 Empty Re: Sweethope Sat 27th June 2015

Post by Eric Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:50 pm

Good session Rob, me Daz and Darren went last Sunday and it was blowing a gale pleased I wasn't in a boat !
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum