ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lost flies

+4
noelgarside
Lochbois
Dazkat
middlemast
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Flies - lost flies  Empty lost flies

Post by middlemast Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:27 pm

hi

well sadly my eyes are going down hillf and tying isnt realy possible according to the quack sadly my wet fly boxes were lost with my water proof coat some weeks ago so thought i would order some cant say at 68 quid to topup what tome ilost was dear but nor did iunderstand how much love and attension we spend on our own stuff we do till i opened the boxes and seen rubbish would be kind tails on soldier palmer about inch long there was a few canny peacock spiders and bibios odd ones the winged ones well i think they used the fibres of our broown and well the finish at least had varnish on the whole pot on every one nearly what a flipping waste of money i wont print the name but they were from a company thats delivers quick and what you get off the post heart braking thinking about my own stuff and what ive been given over the years off lads arrrrh thats life i suppose

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Flies - lost flies  Empty Re: lost flies

Post by Dazkat Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:10 pm

What happened Dave. How did you loose your coat? Was it the mack!!!
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:45 pm

hi daz

rofl no was quite some weeks ago when we had first flood took it of at millshield drenched it had all my wets in and few other things so many flies just found out other day when i went looking for that box
what was missing as i have a small amount in my other boxes but things i would have used for cow green so rushed a order in what a load of cr p as for the mack as you put it lol think it would have still been there

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:49 pm

Are your eyes really that bad Dave.
I only have the one eye that works but with glasses i seem to manage to knock up a few patterns.
I got my fly tying gear brought into hospitol when i was blinded in 1983.
Thats when i learnt that you dont have three d vision.
Since ive learnt to use a keyboard for this computor i do find i hit the wrong letters.
Latelly my sight is being affected by the blind eye.
I think that i need to cover it with a patch but i get funny looks without an eye patch so i just carry on.
If you want a few flies for Wild Teesdale fish i will knock you some up.
I catch the odd fish on a Bibio,a Kate Mclaren and my point fly is a teal and black.
Your welcome to try them. Peter:D 

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:44 pm

hi peter

with the treatmeant fo cancer and nerver been cut its effected my eyes uptill few months ago i could read the paper its all just a blur now been told putting stress on my eyes is bad for me so sadly ill still knock the odd thing up i dont need to work fine stuff but i cant afford to go blind tying flies hurts as i love tying but mrs wont let me near table now

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by noelgarside Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:16 pm

Dave you'll have to pass on your skills to the big fella when he returns from Bulgaria.
noelgarside
noelgarside

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:36 pm

HI OEL

HE DOES FLIES BETTER THAN ME NOW NOEL MIND HE LET ME DOWN TODAY WAS WAITING AT LANCHESTER AT 4AM BUT HE NEVER TURNED UP NEVER GOT TEXT HMMM SO LOST DAY WONT FISH COW GREEN ON MY OWN JUST IN CASE OUT GOES WRONG NUT I FORGIVE HIM ROFL HAVING LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH THEM PLANES FROM BULGARIA I HERE HE LEAVES MONDAY LOL

Dave

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by noelgarside Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Sorry I couldn't get ,when I do get fit again we'll have a day out
noelgarside
noelgarside

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:21 pm

Dave, ive just told the Evening Gazette that i cant even read their new print on the raceing paper with a strong magnifying glass. Thats fell on deaf ears i think.Ive basicly being tying my flies blind until i found reading glasses were a great help.
I need some sleep now this 2 years old pup is wanting me to go walks and play alot. Bonus is she is cheering me up though.Very Happy 

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:32 pm

hi peter

you can come walk mine feel free

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:01 am

Hello Dave, Shes got me up this morning at five am . Thing is the time seems to fly by. We do three miles up on Castle Eden Walkway. We feed mallards and moorhens then watch the deers.I am going to have to make the effort to fish Cow-Green or Balderhead with her by my side .

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackgnat Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Lochbois- little tip for you.
Read the Gazette online and then hold the 'CTRL' button (bottom left on your PC) and + button (usually top right area) to enlarge the text.

Blackgnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks for the tip Blacknat.
Isnt it terrible though that people cant read the print without magnification.
I think that i am lucky that i can see pretty good with my one eye for my age.
I used to enjoy reading the gazette from front to back and i even started writeing letters ect to them.
Internet wise ive only been on it since 2002 and am learning or trying everyday.
Ive not read the fishing in the Gazette yet . That was one of the things i liked on a weekend. Dont these young people listen.Very Happy 

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Alexander Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Hello Peter, be careful reading the Gazette online........you might get barred from there also Very Happy 

Regards Ian

Ian Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:38 pm

I am ok with the Evening Gazette Ian they have given me 100% backing for all the letters and now my e/mail letters.
I like Picture Stockton the online site run by Stockton libray and i was told by the girl running the site that she found my letters of intrest but she had to see over them incaser i upset the council.
Well we laughed:lol:  about that because i only print the truth and how i feel about things.
I didnt know what a dictator was until i came on -line.Laughing 
I accidently came across that ****** *****the other day when looking for sea fishing catches and saw that i have a ban because i was abusive towards their mediator.Laughing 
Well ive tried to meet the dictator several times but he bottles it everytime.
Well i am a year older and whatever tomorrow and sat here now i feel i should make that push and get up to Teesdale and treat me and me dog to a days fishing.
Should be some Heather flies about shortly.Very Happy

Last edited by Topcat on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Again certain forums cannot be named ( please don't ))

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:29 pm

HI PETER

SEEN A FEW YESTERDAY AT DERWENT BUT NOY ENOUGH TO START A FREE FOR ALL ROFL NORMALY END OF AUGUST ON DERWENT SO EITHER GOOD OR BAD THERE HERE ALREADY
WAS AT HURY TODAY AFTER DINNER WATER LEVEL RIGHT DOWN BUT FISH FEEDING I ONLY FISHED ABOUT 20 MINS GETTING TWO NICE FISH ONE BEEN WELL OVER 3LB I ALSO GOT A SURPRISE THE BIG INLET WAS QUITE EMPTY BUT WAS A CHP FISHING RIGHT UP IN NO MORE THAT 2YARDS WIDE WHERE WATER COME OVER A MAN MADE WATER FALL HE HAD CAUGHT 4
THEN WAS ONE CHAP RIGHT UP THE TOP FISHING NEAR THE BOIL YOU COULD SEE IT TODAY AGAIN CAUSING GOOD AXIGEN LEVELS HE TOLD ME HAD A CRACKING DAY UP THERE LAT WEEK GETTING OVER 40 FISH UNLIKE THE DERWENT THAT THEY HAVE KEPT AT I WOULD SAY MAY LEVEL AND THE WATER IS WARM AND DEAD SHOULD BE DOWN 20 FT TO WHAT IT IS WATER ON HURY WAS NO COOLER THAN DERWENT JUST DOWN PLUS LOT MORE FLY LIFE SO IN THERE SOMEWHERE THE ANSWER LIES WHY DERWENT JUST ISNT FISHING

Dave

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Alexander Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:26 pm

Lochbois wrote:I am ok with the Evening Gazette Ian they have given me 100% backing for all the letters and now my e/mail letters.
I like Picture Stockton the online site run by Stockton libray and i was told by the girl running the site that she found my letters of intrest but she had to see over them incaser i upset the council.

HaHa Peter, I'm glad you laughed.....I was only pulling your leg.

Regards Ian

Ian Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Lochbois Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:06 pm

I think its hilarious Ian:lol: .
The only thing that i miss is the crak that i was haveing with a fellow called Harry the Cod from Stockton.
We were talking about bird watching ect which i enjoy . Its not all about fishing and i think most of us enjoy the countryside we fish in dont we.
This internet world is something else though.Laughing 

Lochbois

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Alexander Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:49 pm

Lochbois wrote:I think its hilarious Ian:lol: .
The only thing that i miss is the crak that i was haveing with a fellow called Harry the Cod from Stockton.
We were talking about bird watching ect which i enjoy . Its not all about fishing and i think most of us enjoy the countryside we fish in dont we.
This internet world is something else though.Laughing 

Hello Peter,
Harry the Cod is a sound bloke, he loves his photography and is a keen musician too. I enjoy flyfishing a lot, I love it because I'm learning something new all the time, even when I'm not fishing I'm looking to see what insects and flies I can see.......something I never did before.
The internet, for all it's bad points is great too, I was introduced to this forum by Bigtel who gave me some advice on the NESA forum, all the help and advice I've had on here has been fantastic.....amazing how helpful and friendly people can be.

(Dave....middlemast....sorry for butting into your thread mate).

Take care, Ian.

Ian Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:34 am

Hi Dave, really sorry to hear about the lost flies, I remember how distraught you were earlier in the year when you thought you'd lost some at Sharpley , makes it worse if you're not able to tie any more ! I don't buy many flies off the internet, but have found Flash Attack good quality, although a bit pricey, not as good as the buzzers and muddlers I got from you mind Smile Take care, Eric
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:07 pm

hi ian

but in rofl the thread went sideways on first page lol if people are talking on here thats great as for bigtel i feel sorry for you why cos he went on holiday without me and having withdrawl symptoms
just phoned him and bev both pie eyed in airport mind so would i be if i was flying bulkan air told him the toilets ont be working they have little wee buckets they bring around you keep hold of till you land i hope its a smooth landing work it out ours wasnt rofl

hi eric
yeh new there were some flies in that coat i left just never new what can still do the odd big fly but not anything i have to take time on still got the odd box of wets they just never what you need bigtel as a caring mate has already asked for my capes and deer hair god knows why cos he cant get the deer hair on the hook lol just think he likes the feel of it ill do a glory gainer

I WILL SURVIVE

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackgnat Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:15 am

Lochbois wrote:I am ok with the Evening Gazette Ian they have given me 100% backing for all the letters and now my e/mail letters.
Well we laughed:lol:  about that because i only print the truth and how i feel about things.
I didnt know what a dictator was until i came on -line.Laughing 
I accidently came across that ****** *****the other day when looking for sea fishing catches and saw that i have a ban because i was abusive towards their mediator.Laughing 
Well ive tried to meet the dictator several times but he bottles it everytime.

To be fair Lochbois- I know the lad you are on about and I saw you and him arguing on Real W***** Facebook page.
You seemed to be having a go at him if I'm honest and were pretty abusive.
Just saying that if you look at it from the outside in then you are the one who keeps bringing it up.
I say this just so the lad isn't painted as something he's not- and trust me, he's not the type to bottle it either.

Last edited by Topcat on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Again the name of the forum or members cannot be named for. Leagal reasons)

Blackgnat

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:11 pm

hi

may just be me but i realy get tired of this sure this has been covered a few times we all have spats but lets move on lifes to short

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:30 pm

middlemast wrote:hi

may just be me but i realy get tired of this  sure this has been  covered a few times  we all have spats but lets move on lifes to short

dAVE
Totally agree Dave I love you 
Come on lads as Dave said life to shore and to be honest you end up a bitter old man in the end .

Next one gets a 3 week ban ( we have a gentlemens agreement please don't break it )
Topcat
Topcat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Alexander Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:05 pm

Hello Dave,
I bought some flies recently fro Trout Flies UK and they seem canny......only bought a few (£8's worth), but they arrived in a couple of days and like I say they appear to be ok. Usually I get my flies from my local tackle shop, they are Fulling Mill I think but they are good but dear.
I  would like to start tying my own flies but don't know where to start, I have seen some of the SBS on here and I'll probably follow those when I get started.

Also I agree that we shouldn't bicker on here, life is far too short as you say. I know the guys on the ****** ***** pretty well and they are canny lads, but I also quite like Peters posts.... he makes me laugh, (in a good way Peter). This is a very good forum and I've picked up a load of great advice, I just have to make the effort to get to one of the meets.

Take care, regards Ian.

Ian Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next