ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VERY COSTLY NEW AREA CODE: READ AND PASS ALONG (SCAM)

4 posters

Go down

VERY COSTLY NEW AREA CODE: READ AND PASS ALONG (SCAM)  Empty VERY COSTLY NEW AREA CODE: READ AND PASS ALONG (SCAM)

Post by Topcat Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:05 am

Subject: FW: VERY COSTLY NEW AREA CODE: READ AND PASS ALONG

I received this from my fathers accountant : Today

0809 Area Code We actually received a call last week from the 0809 area code. The woman said 'Hey, this is Karen. Sorry I missed you- get back to us quickly. I have something important to tell you.' Then she repeated a phone number beginning with 0809. We did not respond, this week, we received the following e-mail:
Do Not DIAL AREA CODE 0809,0284, and 0876 from the UK .

This one is being distributed all over the UK ... This is pretty scary, especially given the way they try to get you to call. Be sure you read this and pass it on. They get you to call by telling you that it is information about a family member who has been ill or to tell you someone has been arrested, died, or to let you know you have won a wonderful prize, etc..
In each case, you are told to call the 0809 number right away. Since there are so many new area codes these days, people unknowingly return these calls.

If you call from the UK you will apparently be charged a minimum of £1500 per-minute, and you'll also get a long recorded message. The point is, they will try to keep you on the phone as long as possible to increase the charges.

WHY IT WORKS:

The 0809 area code is located in the Dominican Republic ....
The charges afterwards can become a real nightmare. That's because you did actually DID make the call. If you complain, both your local phone company and your long distance carrier will not want to get involved and will most likely tell you that they are simply providing the billing for the foreign company. You'll end up dealing with a foreign company that argues they have done nothing wrong.

Please forward this entire message to your friends, family and colleagues to help them become aware of this scam.
Topcat
Topcat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

VERY COSTLY NEW AREA CODE: READ AND PASS ALONG (SCAM)  Empty Re: VERY COSTLY NEW AREA CODE: READ AND PASS ALONG (SCAM)

Post by Blackgnat Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:52 am

Hi mate- this is basically a hoax based on crumbs of historical truth.
Its done the rounds for years and has gone around the world.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Blackgnat

Back to top Go down

VERY COSTLY NEW AREA CODE: READ AND PASS ALONG (SCAM)  Empty Re: VERY COSTLY NEW AREA CODE: READ AND PASS ALONG (SCAM)

Post by middlemast Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:19 pm

hi

all i wanna no can i reverse the charges i love making calls lol

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:06 pm

middlemast wrote:hi

all i wanna no can i reverse the charges  i love making calls lol

nope mate wish you could they would soon stop then
Topcat
Topcat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:16 pm

lol the pr*ck/s who hacked a good pals accounts last week are getting wound up, it will be costing them cash as they have phoned me twice so far lol, It boils my Pickles but I do enjoy turning the tables on them. trying to get them to send a human person to pick up some cash, They will not get anything out of me except in the end like the guy from microsoft called me all the names under the sun lol. or a pull from some pals

admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.ukgameangler.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down