ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sweethope wed 22 may

2 posters

Go down

sweethope - sweethope wed 22 may Empty sweethope wed 22 may

Post by twodangerous Wed May 22, 2013 9:58 pm

fished sweethope today with my mate tom. arrived 9.00am ,wading was the order of the day as niether of us are very competent in a boat. Embarassed we started on the big lough and waded out from the westside trees casting into a moderate nnw wind.started pulling lures and after 1/2 hour landed a nice 2lb rainbow on a white fritz nomad . tom was soon into a fish on a similar pattern which he released long range Exclamation the fish seemed to be nipping at the flies so we went smaller and i had another 3 ,tom hooked and lost his next 3 Shocked and eventually landed one,the wind was picking up by this time so we had a cuppa and decided to try the little lough.nothing happening here so back onto big lough which by now had surfable waves affraid i managed another 2 lost 1 ,tom landed another 3 .great days fishing ,fish were good quality 2-3ib hope the new owners keep up the stocking policy ,cheers brian afro
twodangerous
twodangerous

Back to top Go down

sweethope - sweethope wed 22 may Empty Re: sweethope wed 22 may

Post by appetiser Wed May 22, 2013 11:30 pm

nice to see reports from sweethope again ,my mate went last friday and he said the smaller lough was quiet then .
appetiser
appetiser

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum