ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

site day at chatton?

+6
lee cartmail
middlemast
Eric
Dazkat
andypandy
westcoaster
10 posters

Go down

site day at chatton? Empty site day at chatton?

Post by westcoaster Tue May 07, 2013 2:05 pm

Ok lads who'd be up for a site day at Chatton next month?I'll be coming down next month for sure,so I don't mind arranging it.Will have to be a Saturday though after Saturday 1st cos I've got a comp to fish that day.This will be the last i'll be across the border till September I would think.Any thoughts or views then stick on a reply.My reason for picking chatton is because I don't know the other fisheries well enough to pick one.Personally my date of choice would be Saturday 15th.
Andy

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

site day at chatton? Empty Re: site day at chatton?

Post by andypandy Wed May 08, 2013 9:13 am

I wont be able to come as i will be away but sounds like a plan for the site. Smile
andypandy
andypandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Wed May 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Sweethope might be another idea Andy. Have you fished it yet ?
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Wed May 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Nope Daz,heard good things about it though.

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Fri May 10, 2013 6:09 pm

I thought we had Leon Day in June at Chatton ? Why not have a day over the Border, I would love to fish Coldingham, Whinney or Tweedale, never been to any of them. I get the feeling that there are a few others who would like a trip up there as well !
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Fri May 10, 2013 7:22 pm

HI

GOOD LUCK ANDY HAVE TO SAY NOT FOR ME THOUGH

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Fri May 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Eric wrote:I thought we had Leon Day in June at Chatton ? Why not have a day over the Border, I would love to fish Coldingham, Whinney or Tweedale, never been to any of them. I get the feeling that there are a few others who would like a trip up there as well !
Hi Eric,i had asked the question about Leons Day on another thread.Given that this threads been up a few days now and there`s been no interest i guess maybe Dave Middlemast has some vaild points regarding site days.For me i guess i`ll just stick to putting up a post when i`m coming over the border to fish and if anybody wants to fish with me great,if not i`ll still be going.Looks like quite a few of the lads will be at Chatton the morra.

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Fri May 10, 2013 8:36 pm

hi andy

i think money seems to be on the short side for everyone me i was hoping for watch its a size thing with me thats all

dave

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Fri May 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi Andy, Dave might have a point, money is a bit tight, but it would be a shame if the site days fizzled out ! Thought I had a free day tomorrow and could have joined you all, but my better half had other ideas lol, so I will have to wait for Sunday. Hope you all have a good day Tight Lines ! Smile
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Sat May 11, 2013 5:58 am

plus chatton is not very central fishery its 90 miles and a good 1.5hr drive
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Sun May 12, 2013 12:31 am

lee cartmail wrote:plus chatton is not very central fishery its 90 miles and a good 1.5hr drive
sorry lee but central to where??i thought this was ukgameangler site? Wink
one and half hour drive?i`d call that local.. Laughing Laughing

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by potts123 Sun May 12, 2013 7:36 am

hi lee think andy wants to try chatton for site day yes we know that it is not central but andy does come down from scotland to do site days such as langley and chatton is not close either so i think all of us ukgameangler should fish up near him some time if that sounds any sense Very Happy
potts123
potts123

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Sun May 12, 2013 7:51 am

Stew there are other Scottish members on this site,all of whom have fished Chatton this year and a some i know have been to site days under the old Gameangler site.Yeah it might be a bit of a drive but its only every so often a site day happens,most Scottish lads i know travel allover for there fishing.

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lee cartmail Sun May 12, 2013 7:54 am

westcoaster wrote:
lee cartmail wrote:plus chatton is not very central fishery its 90 miles and a good 1.5hr drive
central to every body not just lads in Newcastle and further away the last site day was Langley we just had a poll and voted lockwood as the next site day or are we just doing as we please with so called site days
lee cartmail
lee cartmail

Back to top Go down

Post by appetiser Sun May 12, 2013 8:08 am

some very good scottish waters and you don't need a rod licence or passport Shocked

june would have been hard for me to attend due to work and holidays , but july is much better i was thinking about organising a day at tweeddale either saturday or sunday if anyone is interested , car sharing is a good way to help with costs ,
appetiser
appetiser

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Sun May 12, 2013 8:13 am

Yes Lee,Lockwood was voted for April site day but if you read the thread Ian has a post on it saying on the backburner till later in the year.As i said in my first post on this thread,i don`t know the other waters well enough or the owners/managers to be arranging site days out.Perhaps Ian and Dave should try to get a couple of the lads from south of the border to setup site days,though apart from Stu i don`t see many members trying to setup a site day,at least i made the effort.I`ll just stick to popping up a post when i coming over the border and if anybody wants to come join me then that`s great,if not i`ll still enjoy my days fishing.

Last edited by westcoaster on Sun May 12, 2013 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Sun May 12, 2013 8:15 am

appetiser wrote:some very good scottish waters and you don't need a rod licence or passport Shocked

june would have been hard for me to attend due to work and holidays , but july is much better i was thinking about organising a day at tweeddale either saturday or sunday if anyone is interested , car sharing is a good way to help with costs ,
If it was near the start of July Stu then i`d come over,holiday later in the month!

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sun May 12, 2013 9:41 pm

lee cartmail wrote:
westcoaster wrote:
central to every body not just lads in Newcastle and further away the last site day was Langley we just had a poll and voted lockwood as the next site day or are we just doing as we please with so called site days

Central to everybody would put Chatton out and Tweedale Shocked at the center point to who? the old site, other sites, and I hope this site will participate in been fair to the members who do travel a great distance regularly to make it to site days, lets face it they are set up as a fun day out, Car share is good too (as I depend on others to get me there, (Harry, Andypandy.) ) Chatton may be 90 miles away for some but to others it will be much more, Lockwood I suggested would be put on a back burner till later in the year as only myself and Andypandy if he had not been at work would of turned up Shocked

admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.ukgameangler.com

Back to top Go down

Post by middlemast Sun May 12, 2013 11:15 pm

hi

why would anyone wanna fish a still water through the day in july warm water lathargic fish sitting around the sides preying for autum best times on these waters will be till mid june then water will get realy warm weedy either have it sooner or much later but hight of summer you lads are keen or do an evening ticket day out me i would prefer lockwood but long way for andy and lads from over the border plus they would need nra licence so keeping everyone happy isnt easy

dAVE

middlemast

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Mon May 13, 2013 10:37 am

Hi Stew, as you know by my post on Friday I'm keen to fish some of the Scottish lakes, so put my name down for Tweedale. Dave has a point about the weather, but if you want a day's fishing what do you do ?, anyway it's so unpredictable now we might even have snow Laughing Car sharing a must, I think, I know you fish Tweedale quite often so you know the people and the set up etc, but if you need any help let me know !
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Mon May 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Sorry for causing all the bitching , but I have a serious family problem to sort .
Andy ( west coaster ) kindly Stepped in to help which I appreciate , as did stew ,
We can arrange some thing for may -June just at the minute I can't help out .
Leon day , can still be sorted with all money raised going to a charity , trophy will be sorted if you all agree , and can have a poll for the fishery's we fancy .
It's usually held at Chatton but some where else could be arranged ( Chatton have always helped the site from day one ) its nice to return the favour .
Any way lets now your thoughts .
Topcat
Topcat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Mon May 13, 2013 8:53 pm

Im up for Tweedale if I can get a lift Wink and same goes for Chatton or any fishery over about 50 miles unless ya want to kill me off then I will drive Shocked

admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.ukgameangler.com

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Tue May 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Topcat wrote:Sorry for causing all the bitching , but I have a serious family problem to sort .
Andy ( west coaster ) kindly Stepped in to help which I appreciate , as did stew ,
We can arrange some thing for may -June just at the minute I can't help out .
Leon day , can still be sorted with all money raised going to a charity , trophy will be sorted if you all agree , and can have a poll for the fishery's we fancy .
It's usually held at Chatton but some where else could be arranged ( Chatton have always helped the site from day one ) its nice to return the favour .
Any way lets now your thoughts .
Could always have the Leon day at Chatton and any money raised could be spent on raffle tickets for that box of flies i donated to Lucy.The money raised by the raffle tickets is being split between Fishing For Heroes and North Northumberland Hospicecare.Would be a good box of flies to split between the site members,just a wee thought! Wink

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down