ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sweethope sunday

+2
Shipman
appetiser
6 posters

Go down

sweethope - sweethope sunday Empty sweethope sunday

Post by appetiser Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:46 pm

well could'nt make my mind up sweethope or langley , but after reading the post on langley and then hearing a club was going sunday as well that was that decided Laughing . me , peter and tomarrived to find a stiff but not too bad a breeze blowing from the sw , so we decided to fish the bank on little lake , after a quiet first hour probably due to the still cold wind a change to high bank fishing directly into wind stated to get a bit action . during the next 3 hours a few fish came to the net on a combination of red dancers , ( yes darren that one ) cut throat cat and squirrel . after a bit lunch in car park and a bit banter with a couple of customers who used to fish sweethope years ago we decided to go back down to bottom lake , afternoon was similar having to move to find a fish but at the end of the day we ended up with 32 between the 3 of us including a couple really nice fish to 5lds and 3 or 4 jack pike .
so all in all another canny day at sweethope , fish quality was very good and even managed to get a couple on a claret bumble whenever the wind eased, early indications are the stocking policy and the new owners are going to get sweethope back to its best and will be seeing us up there a lot more ,

ps, plenty of boats up there for ian and topcat if they don't fancy the bank Laughing Laughing
appetiser
appetiser

Back to top Go down

sweethope - sweethope sunday Empty Re: sweethope sunday

Post by Shipman Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Good result, is there much weed or has the ice killed most of it off. If the new owners could build some pontoons on the bottom laketo get out over the weed on the tree lined bank it would be good, like the T shaped ones at Rosslynlee.
Shipman
Shipman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:55 pm

We are going Sunday, I can't wait to get back it's a great place. Any tips would be great.
How's the big lake fishing from the bank?
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:02 pm

What time you going Daz? If its not blowing a gale I'm going as well, but probably from the boat, be good to see you all Smile
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by appetiser Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:06 pm

rob , still a bit weed but not really a problem ,platforms in 4 or 5 places would be a very good idea ,

darren , mini lures rather than larger lures better , wets worth a try if not too cold fish are not far down , small lake seems to be best at the minute
appetiser
appetiser

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:27 pm

It has been suggested that we have a site day on Sweethope maybe towards the end of next month? (May) can they lay on food ? and yes I would share a boat with TC Shocked

admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.ukgameangler.com

Back to top Go down

Post by appetiser Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:32 pm

F.C. wrote:It has been suggested that we have a site day on Sweethope maybe towards the end of next month? (May) can they lay on food ? and yes I would share a boat with TC Shocked

might take them time to get everything ready , but we can ask and they will be able to do food as well as lifejackets for you two
appetiser
appetiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Eric wrote:What time you going Daz? If its not blowing a gale I'm going as well, but probably from the boat, be good to see you all Smile

I'm waiting for a email back from them about start time but I guess we will be there around 8. I'm going with Paul and Darren. It will be good to see you if you are there. I'll be fishing from the shore as I think me and Paul on a boat could get messy. !!!
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:30 pm

Thanks stew. Fingers crossed they are up in the water. I used to do well on black pennels fished washing line. Surely this wind is going to warm up.
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:30 pm

appetiser wrote:
F.C. wrote:It has been suggested that we have a site day on Sweethope maybe towards the end of next month? (May) can they lay on food ? and yes I would share a boat with TC Shocked

might take them time to get everything ready , but we can ask and they will be able to do food as well as lifejackets for you two

I have my own affraid

admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.ukgameangler.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naisreka Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:30 pm

I've a real fancy for trying this water. I might be up for a site day if you arrange one, depends on work for me and my missus, it's not that she fishes it's just that she nicks the car.

naisreka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum