ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blyth 13/4/13

4 posters

Go down

Blyth 13/4/13 Empty Blyth 13/4/13

Post by Dazkat Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:55 pm

I had a few hours on the river this morning before I had to go to a family party.
The river was looking fantastic for the time of year. If anything it was a little low. The water was as clear as I've seen it and there was loads of fly on the water. Things were looking good.
I fished the Hartford stretch from the bridge down stream to the garden pool with a PTN on the point and a black spider dropped. The river and conditions were perfect but someone should have told the fish!! I tried all the usual early season pools with not even a touch. I had not seen a single fish rise Mad
I got to the end of the garden pool and decided to call it a day. I couldnt work out where the fish had gone to. The club usually stock around 700 so where had they gone. As a mad my way through the woods a spotted a fish rise !! I thought I was seeing things Smile Its amazing how spotting a fish can change your day.
I edged my way along to a good casting point and let my PTN drift over the top of the fish. No joy after the fist few casts so I changed tack to a fast retrieve and that did the trick. My first brownie of the river season. I took my time getting it in and scooped it in the net to be safe!! It was just about big enough to keep but I let it go to fight another day.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

I met a couple of other lads on the way back to the car. They were having the same season and were questioning whether the club had actually stocked anything. We will see what happens when things warm up a bit. I'm sure they are there somewhere!!

Daz

Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Blyth 13/4/13 Empty Re: Blyth 13/4/13

Post by Topcat Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:11 pm

Nice result Daz
One's better than non. the fish looks healthy enough who knows couple of years and it could be a stonker
Topcat
Topcat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blood Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Well you have done better than I have in my last 3 outings Daz, I haven't seen a trout all season so far only a couple of Grayling. I had another blank this Friday too....it does make you wonder if any stock fish have actually gone in this year doesn't it?

blood

http://bloodyfishing.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:29 pm

The pic doesn't do it justice Dave. It was a keeper Smile

Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:31 pm

blood wrote:Well you have done better than I have in my last 3 outings Daz, I haven't seen a trout all season so far only a couple of Grayling. I had another blank this Friday too....it does make you wonder if any stock fish have actually gone in this year doesn't it?

I met one of the usual lads today and he was told that they had stocked 700 fish. I have no idea where they have gone. They should be chasing everything.

Daz
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by andypandy Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:24 am

Still sounds like the rivers are fishing very hard indeed, Still needs to warm up at tad i think.
andypandy
andypandy

Back to top Go down

Post by blood Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:31 am

I don't know I have had 4 visits to the river now spending about 20 hours on the river and have seen 1 fish rise and had 3 bites over that time, this has been the same for almost everyone I talk to, I have yet to have a trout to hand, are other rivers in the area fishing as badly as the Blyth?

Three of us were on the river on Friday for a 6 hour spell and not one fish rose and none of us had a single offer

I am not one of these fisherman that expect to catch every time out but this has been as bad a start to a season that I can remember.

blood

http://bloodyfishing.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down