ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blyth 24/3/13

3 posters

Go down

Blyth 24/3/13 Empty Blyth 24/3/13

Post by Dazkat Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:23 pm

I must be mad. That was the coldest day I've ever had on the river!!

I met Stephen(Blood) at 12 at the mill. The river had dropped a lot since last week so we thought the fish might come out to play. How wrong could we be. I think they were tucked in where it was warm !!! Where we should have been !!!

I tied all the usual methods in all the fishy swims but all I had was a couple of very gentle takes. It was on of those days when it was so cold it was a real effort to change flies so I stuck to a PTN on the point and a Black spider dropped. This combo usually works well but not today.

We called it a day at 3. Both frozen to the bone but happy we were back on the river. All it needs is a bit of sun and some fly life and it will be back to its best. Do you think we will get that by August !!

Daz
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Blyth 24/3/13 Empty Re: Blyth 24/3/13

Post by andypandy Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Its very cold so its no wonder the fish didnt want to play ball. Good to see someone brave enough to be getting out though
andypandy
andypandy

Back to top Go down

Post by blood Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:43 pm

It was cold cold cold, I did manage to hook and quickly lose a stockie about 20 minutes in but that was it . Hands actually went bright blue!!

full report on me blog! Smile

Stephen

blood

http://bloodyfishing.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum