ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Unemployed driver No2 ???????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unemployed driver No2 ???????

Post by Eric on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Well got the week off to a flying start by crashing the van on way to work this morning Mad Going down Blaydon Bank (which is quite steep for those who don't know it ) the traffic was really bad and hardly moving, normally if its like this I turn off and go down one of the adjacent streets to the main road at bottom. I did think they could be bad because of the snow and icy conditions but decided to try, BIG MISTAKE ! Too late, Id turned into street , started going down when I started to slide, braking only makes it worse as we know, and I had hardly any control of the van affraid Parked cars on either side, Nightmare ! I managed to just miss a BMW and another car, but ended up bouncing off a rover which pushed me over to other side of road and heading towards one of the terraced houses. After crashing into the wall and ripping the wing off, I pulled the handbrake on and stopped 3 ft from another parked car Shocked it was a long way to the bottom so I was pleased to have stopped. A few people were out by now, the guy with the BMW, in his dressing gown and slippers, looking relieved. Everyone was quite nice, asking if I was ok, and if I needed an Ambulance, I even got a cup of coffee from the girl whose house I crashed into Smile After exchanging details with relevant people I sat in van and made the dreaded call to work pale They didn't say too much, in fact they never even asked if I was alright Mad I told them I was staying put until it was safe to carry on down the bank ( there had been another crash at the bottom as well ) By now people in the street had been throwing salt on the road and one car got down safely, so I slowly went down and drove the mile or so to work, where a little bit of P--- taking started from a few of the lads, surprise, surprise Rolling Eyes John, if you read this, and we travel together to Lockwood Beck, don't worry, Im usually a good driver Laughing
Eric

Back to top Go down

Re: Unemployed driver No2 ???????

Post by jaykay007 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Sorry to hear it mate but your ok that's the main thing.
So do I d need to bring a crash helmet with me for the Lockwood trip lol.
If you want to book a boat at Lockwood for that day I will be boat partner with you if you want.
jaykay007

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Hi John, sounds good to me, I like boats, not like somebody who I wont mention Wink Alright Ian Laughing
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:35 am

Eric wrote:Hi John, sounds good to me, I like boats, not like somebody who I wont mention Wink Alright Ian Laughing

As long as you are ok Eric stuff the Van Shocked tell your bosses to buy all the vans snow socks if they want you to drive in those conditions Wink
As for those things with 2 wooden things too make you move you can keep them I hate em and do not feel safe bobbing about on the water, its even worse when you do not have any sense of balance.

admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.ukgameangler.com

Back to top Go down

Post by noelgarside on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:46 am

Eric as long as you,re alright we,re happy
noelgarside

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:03 pm

F.C. wrote:
Eric wrote:Hi John, sounds good to me, I like boats, not like somebody who I wont mention Wink Alright Ian Laughing

As long as you are ok Eric stuff the Van Shocked tell your bosses to buy all the vans snow socks if they want you to drive in those conditions Wink
As for those things with 2 wooden things too make you move you can keep them I hate em and do not feel safe bobbing about on the water, its even worse when you do not have any sense of balance.
How about a go in a float tube then Ian? Shocked

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay007 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Can you float tube at Lockwood? I've fancied a go at that for ages I don't own a float tube though but Would love to hire one sometime.
jaykay007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum