ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRITZNFLIES WINTER SERIES THE FINAL CHAPTER 2013

+4
Defective
potts123
appetiser
midge tip
8 posters

Go down

fritznflies - FRITZNFLIES WINTER SERIES THE FINAL CHAPTER 2013 Empty FRITZNFLIES WINTER SERIES THE FINAL CHAPTER 2013

Post by midge tip Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:37 pm

This is a fun comp with a tad of incentive run with heats run throughout the winter months.
The day started with my phone going off at 4.25am text message saying that their car couldn,t get off the drive with 4 inches of snow followed by numerous others asking would the comp still be going ahead with the weather being not so good around the newcastle area ? my reply was the comp wasnt being held at newcastle and the weather up at chatton was dry and dark from what i could see out of hotel room,after a number of calls i headed for breakfast followed by a short trip to the fishery on arriving the car park was full of smiling faces .
I met up with the officials for the day gave the briefing with them followed by the anglers,everyone headed off to their peg for the start.
The program was to fish 6 x 30 min pegs in the morning and the same in the afternoon covering all 3 lakes which meant the angler would fish 4 pegs on every lake.
The weather was a mixture of clear skies and sunshine in the morning with heavy snow showers in the afternoon with a break now and then temperature was 2degrees with a cold brisk easterly wind turning southerly towards the end of the comp.
Methods on the day consisted of lures mainly black/green on sinking lines small bloodworm,buzzers to floating lines,cormorants on a fast glass and tinheads under the indicator the fish were ranging from 4/6ft.
I would like to thank the marshalls/controllers all the fisheries who held a heat over the series with their participation and help all the anglers from the 4 corners of the UK who took part.

FINAL RESULTS CHATTON TROUT FISHERY

Anglers 48

Funds raised £2880

Fish caught in the morning 136

Fish caught in the afternoon177

Total 313 rod ave 6.5

Payout £9 per fish totaling £2817 remainder £63 Charity

Top rods on the day with 12 fish Simon Robinson,Howard Croston and James Stephenson

thanks Jim

Last edited by midge tip on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
midge tip
midge tip

Back to top Go down

fritznflies - FRITZNFLIES WINTER SERIES THE FINAL CHAPTER 2013 Empty Re: FRITZNFLIES WINTER SERIES THE FINAL CHAPTER 2013

Post by appetiser Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:50 pm

well done to yourself jim , it was well organised and friendly , big thanks to the marshalls and helpers. also roger and ali of chatton , hopefully if it happens again weather might be kinder
appetiser
appetiser

Back to top Go down

fritznflies - FRITZNFLIES WINTER SERIES THE FINAL CHAPTER 2013 Empty Re: FRITZNFLIES WINTER SERIES THE FINAL CHAPTER 2013

Post by potts123 Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:55 pm

yes a cracking day jim good comp well done m8 Very Happy
potts123
potts123

Back to top Go down

Post by Defective Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:58 pm

I really enjoyed the day seeing how the pros do it. Walked miles back and forwards. Cheers for the free ticket for chatton much appreciated. the weather was a funny one. Glorious morning then a blizzard the glorious afternoon. Typical English weather.

Darren
Defective
Defective

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Good report on a well run competition, give yourself a pat on the back all involved, more so Jim for all his effort in arranging it all in the 1st place.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.ukgameangler.com

Back to top Go down

Post by andypandy Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Awesome winter series mate. Sorry I couldn't have fished more mate but maybe if the event is on next winter I will do more.
andypandy
andypandy

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie bell Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi There,

A huge well done to Jim Tuck and Tracy for a brilliantly run competition.

The organisation of the final was great with lots of Marshals and Scorers.

Frequent fly checks were the order of the day and all the better for it.

Some other competition organisers may wish to take note.............

Many thanks to those Marshals and Scorers who all did a great job under difficult circumstances at times and always with a smile on their faces.

The idea of money in flyfishing competitions may not be to everyones taste but by paying out per fish caught it does spread the wealth and also creates a relaxed but still competitive atmosphere.

The Owners and Staff at Chatton were their usual friendly and competent selves......many thanks.

Finally well done to all the competitors in the heats and the final for fishing in the spirit and tradition of the sport.

Book me in for next year. Smile

Best Regards

robbie bell
Share this post on Twitter
Share on Facebook

robbie bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Shipman Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:32 pm

I have done this pesonally and will now do it again publically. A big well done to Jim and Tracey for putting this very well run competition on. The amount of time and expence it has taken to do this is hugh. Jim and in most cases Tracey attended every heat over the winter clocking up hundreds if not thousands of miles. The paper work, pegging out of the fisheries and even the laminated peg numbers for each competitor at every heat and the final, all little details that make it a bit easy for the fisherman competing but more work for the organiser. The venue for the final, well it must be one of if not the best fishery in the north east. The food and hospitality was spot on. The fishing had not been at its best for the past 3-4 weeks leading up to the final with a lot of coloured and cold water running in, but after a stocking on Thursday the residents decided to play ball and there was plenty fish caught. The marshals were all very well organised with walkie talkies to keep in touch and advice when the last 5 mins of each session was coming up. The only 2 venues that I have fished that comes close to this is the TEFF Greys final at Westlow Mere and the Snowball competition at New Halie, which were both very well run. Thanks again Jim, I am looking forward to next year already.
Shipman
Shipman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down