ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweethope report 20th July

Go down

sweethope - Sweethope report 20th July Empty Sweethope report 20th July

Post by Chrissie Lewis Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:23 am

Sweethope Fishery Report 20th July 2015
Another good week at Sweethope. The early half of the week fished well but the latter half was plagued by strong winds. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were most productive with most fish caught on dry fly. By the week-end the fish had gone deep and catches were achieved by the use of nymphs and lures.
On Saturday we were visited by members of the British Float Tube Association who had to use the Lower Lough on account of the very strong winds. 7 anglers caught 14 trout but the competition was won by Dick Barton with a bag of 3 fish, weighing 8lb 3oz, caught within 2 hours.
I have just been out on the lake in flat calm conditions to measure the temperature and I am happy to report that I recorded 15 degrees on the Great Lough and noticed insect life all over the surface with associated fish activity. Hopefully this will continue!
Statistics:
Number of fish brought to the net: 140 rainbow, 8 blue and 1 brown trout
Number of fish returned safely to the water: 122
Number of visiting anglers: 74
Successful fly patterns: klinkhammer, olives, yellow owl shuttlecock, daddy, black hopper, sedge, CDC, shipman’s buzzer, buzzer, diawl bach, goldhead damsel, nymphs, orange lure, Dawson’s Olive.

Chrissie Lewis

Back to top Go down