ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweethope Winter report

Go down

sweethope - Sweethope Winter report Empty Sweethope Winter report

Post by Chrissie Lewis Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:47 am

Sweethope Fishery Report 20th February 2015
At last the ice has disappeared and the water has started to warm up. Although I measured the water temperature this morning at only 4 degrees Celsius, a fishing expedition in the bottom lake managed to net two excellent over-wintered rainbows. The bigger of the two weighed 2lb 7oz and both fish were full of fight. This would seem to indicate that plenty of the stock has lived through the winter and will now be catchable in both lakes.
I will be introducing some new stock into the lakes at the end of March so by Easter conditions will be first class but we are open for anglers now and I am sure some great sport will available.
Pike fishermen have been visiting us throughout the winter, the largest specimen so far weighing 13 lb. The majority have been caught on dead bait.
Come and fish whenever you want but we will officially re-open on the last week-end in March. The new stocking will include some bigger fish, up to double figures.
This season we will be introducing three boats to the lower lake which will be able to fish from mooring buouys in place in the middle of the lake. This should access the deeper water without interfering with bank fishermen.
Finally we are now a Troutmasters water for those entering the competition.

Chrissie Lewis

Back to top Go down