ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thrunton site day

5 posters

Go down

thrunton site day Empty thrunton site day

Post by appetiser Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:17 pm

arrived to find car park full of familiar faces, so after a few quick hello's it was down to business, had a few in morning on mini cats and small black lure type thingy' after an excellent lunch provided by chris and jill and quite a bit of banter amongst the lads it was back to fishing, afternoon was quieter with just one more but still enjoyable none the less. ricky , rob and andy seemed to have the best of it but most people seemed to catch fish, big thanks to everyone for turning up, and to thrunton who did us proud.
appetiser
appetiser

Back to top Go down

thrunton site day Empty Re: thrunton site day

Post by seddo Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:50 pm

Thanks for organising the day out Stew, it was refreshing to meet up with friends old and new and I think everyone had a good time.

Many thanks to Thrunton for the spread they kindly provided at lunch time, it was very tasty and greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you guys around the lakes.

Time for Peeps.

Thats all Folks

seddo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:55 pm

Cracking day out Stu. Thanks for setting everything up. Great venue.
It was my first time at thrunton and I will be back. First class lodge and lake which will only get better as it matures.
I had a better morning then afternoon with fish to flappers and popper hoppers. I ended up with 7 to the net in the end and it was very hard to pack up as the fish were coming back on !!
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:43 pm

Well i think the Tartan Terrors enjoyed tormenting the toots today.Ricky gave them a bashing in the morning whilst i was busy taking some pics and then i thought i might as well show the troots the F.U. Cracking day,with the fish being fickle at times but up for it at other times.I ended my day with a fish of about 7lb on my last cast.Massive thanks to all the guys for supporting me on my latest bit of fundraising,the draw will be made at Alderneuk on January 1st.As the others have said cheers to Stu and Thrunton for today,a return trip could be on the cards soon for me and Ricky!

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:32 pm

Another successful Site Day, would like to thank Stew for organising it and Thrunton for their hospitality and the lunch they provided. Fishing wasn't that easy, although there were a few good catches Wink I struggled in the morning with just 1 fish but managed 3 in the afternoon, really enjoyed the day and will certainly visit Thrunton again Smile
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum