ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Annual spend

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Annual spend

Post by blood101 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:34 am

How much do you spend a year on fishing,

I fish most weekends when river level permits along with a couple of trips(at most) to still waters, looking at my spend it pans out something like this

Annual spend....

EA license £27
Club license £76
One trip per week for 45 weeks 20 miles x 45 = 900 miles / 50MPG £100
Hooks £10
Stillwater £50

I come in at a mealy £263 a year, don't really buy much kit maybe a few hooks for tying but that's about it for me.

Cheers

Stephen

blood101

http://bloodyfishing.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Annual spend

Post by westcoaster on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:54 pm

I don't think I'd like to know how much I spend a year on fishing! But when when I consider any trip involves a minimum 100 mile in the car I can guess I'll spend more in a month on fuel than you're total costs for the year Stephen.A trip to Langley I'd generally say costs me about £100,more if I stay overnight.

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by appetiser on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:46 pm

Andy your trips to mcdonalds is more than that every year, think by time fuel , fishery prices say £15 a time , and flies and other bits like leader odd fly line and such must be above £2000 , enough for 2 holidays a year or so our lass says ,
appetiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazkat on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:24 pm

Not a good idea to work it out. The other half might see !!!
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by twoaitch on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:48 am

Took years of practice lads, but I think I've cracked it, retire early and keep your wife at work, then convince her that life is better for all if I am not cluttering the house up with dirty coffee cups and biscuit wrappers. My favourite sound now " You might as well go fishing, it means less work for me if your out of the way", and " Don't worry about the expense pet, you've earned it"... point 2 can be translated into point 1.
twoaitch

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:14 am

During my recent health probs I've been grounded at weekends, after the second weekend the missus had had enough. Apparently i 'interrupt her routine' and get 'in her Ross's,lol.I don't think I'll be hearing any complaints against when I get back out in amongst the troots.....

westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum