ukgameangler.com | Fly Fishing Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweethope sept 22nd

3 posters

Go down

sweethope - Sweethope sept 22nd Empty Sweethope sept 22nd

Post by Defective Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Met Daz at Sweethope at 9 and the wind was howling, Big lake looked unfishable so befor setting up we had a look at the small lake, its still very weedy. Back to the lodge and a chat with the manager the wind had dropped a bit so we decided to give it a go. Tackled up, walked around to the bank opposite the lodge to try there. First cast, fish on, a small brownie of about 10". Then nothing for ages, we moved up the lake then back down the lake. We then ended up on the small lake for the last hour. First cast on the small lake and fish on. Couple more casts and another fish. That was it for me, i had plenty of plucks and dropped a fish close in but none more to the net. Really enjoyed the day. If i knew what mushrooms were edible i could have filled a bag. We also saw some lizards as Daz was trying to rescue his fly from a bush. Both my fish on the bottom lake were on cats whiskers on an inter line.
Sweethope is a cracking fishery but if we dont have a bad winter then they will really struggle to keep the small lake open next spring/summer due to the weed problem.
Ill leave Daz to let you know how he got on.

Darren
Defective
Defective

Back to top Go down

sweethope - Sweethope sept 22nd Empty Re: Sweethope sept 22nd

Post by Dazkat Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:09 pm

It did not look good when we arrived. You could have surfed on the waves!!!
I think it was the group of lads from Ashington going out on boats that made up our mind. If they were daft enough so were we. Smile
I had no joy unit we moved down towards the boat house. The wind was gusting and producing scum lanes. I changed to a couple of buzzers and finally hooked into a fish and got the blank off.The fish hammered the black buzzer on the dropper pulled fast.
We had more joy on the bottom lake. We timed the move just right as the fish were starting to show. Darren was first in before i got a line in the water. I soon fallowed with a nice fish on a buzzer. That was in for me but I had loads of pulls and missed fish.
The lizards were great to see and Chris was saying that there are often Adders as well. Its a fantastic place in a great setting. I hope I can get back before the big freeze.

Daz
Dazkat
Dazkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Pleased you lads had a good day, it is a lovely spot and I will fish it before too long, but I thought it would be too windy today for a boat and I'm not too keen on wading so opted for Sharpley ( see report )
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down